Fender Bender Results In Car Driver Shooting At Truck Driver

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Nov 15, 2019.

1. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    TIL that apparently I'm not browsing potential CCPs hard enough LOL. Thanks to all who corrected me

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    its to bad he didnt use the gun to shoot himself

4. Lpirtle

Lpirtle Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    As far as I understand it; in most states you have to be in fear of imminent loss of life or serious bodily injury to even display your firearm, let alone actually point it at a human being and engage them.
    My smith and Wesson Sigma has a 14 round magazine.. add one in the chamber and that's 15 rounds, mine happens to be chambered in .40 S&W Im sure the 9mm version would hold even more. My research found that mine was made somewhere between 1997 to 1998; during the Clinton ban so there are 10 round magazines offered for it as well, I don't have one though since I don't have a 10 round restriction in my state, so I don't see the point in having one.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    FerrissWheel and MGE Dawn Thank this.
  5. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Here ya go....

Guns don't kill people.
    ELD's kill people.

6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    LOL 15 rounds and couldnt do anything more than shoot the engine. Yup that says impaired to me as well

FerrissWheel, Lepton1, Bud A. and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Lpirtle

Lpirtle Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    If he was high on something at the time; then the driver of the car will probably be charged with being armed under the influence(Don't know the exact charge name.). Also, being convicted of drug possession or use is most certainly a disqualifier for gun ownership.. this includes pot. In other words, this perpetrator will never be allowed to touch a firearm ever again in his lifetime; even if he doesn't get convicted of attempted murder.

8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    This incident reminds me of what happened almost 10 years ago in Lynn,MA
    Man fires AK-47 at Mass. restaurant
    Jackhole pretty much almost let loose with a whole clip-and amazingly NO ONE was injured or killed!!!
    All because the restaurant refused to serve him alcohol he went into a rage with an AK-47!!

FerrissWheel, Lepton1 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Good thing he was o poor shot. lol

FerrissWheel, mjd4277 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We have all sorts of magazines. Anything from standard compact 4 rounds all the way to the 33 round happysticks for 9 mm glocks in our Training Range (Shoothouse USA Conway, there are many ranges around the state)

I use CMC+ power magazines generally 10 rounders with a Tripp Research 9 Round follower kit put in. 9+1 in chamber sorts things out nicely. With my three reloads IWB and a few changes to the handgun situation. Each and all of my rounds have a certain paint markings across the cartridges so there is no doubt whose brass (In my case nickel) it is Sometimes Brass if I am using Buffalo Bore 255's in .45 Super at 1350 FPM. Those hard cast flat nose rounds kick like a mule and come out flying it seems like a dragon. I usually keep a few boxes of AYSM rounds even though they are pretty pricey the are more accurate than I am. Particularly the ball rounds omg, you can slice cards edge on with those.

I keep three more magazines in different locations on my person and several around the home and car allowing for a variety of situations. Such as you are now down to one arm you are in the process of bleeding out and need hard cover and a way to stop that bleeding. Then you will need to reload the #### thing what with all the stressors coming apart around you in a hell of a hurry.

Just remember. Two guns and only need the one when you don't have the other is the difference between life and death. Prosperity and slumlords. The modern training situations with my own iron thats been pre-wired for the scenario, such as violent daddy abducting teen daughter from mall record store. (A hell of a lot of innocent targets immediately all around. That can be cleared away right quick. By yelling BOOM! in a deep voice.) I had a one versus 5 sleepy time surprise in a gas station scenario. I came out of there all shot up and DEAD. Not even 18 seconds into the party time. Got one in the head DOA, got two more in the head and chest, those will walk and live long lives the other two were just too many bad guys and not enough time to do a #### thing about them. If I had a automatic beltfed weapon sure you bet. Saw the place and take em all out.

FerrissWheel and MGE Dawn Thank this.
  11. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    Yeah, firearms convictions always stop people from carrying guns. That's why the crime rate is so low in places where guns are basically outlawed. :rolleyes:

FerrissWheel, Lpirtle and JonJon78 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.