Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    Yeah it sucks for sure. I'll figure something out. Cabinet door coming off or smaller fridge in passenger seat seems to be my options.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    What did you break already?

Sometimes that cabinet looks like a cabinet, but it's really a fridge with the same plastic door as trim

4. ArmyGuy

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    1st day driving I had a engine mil lamp come on. Something to do with emissions but safe to drive the truck just get it looked at soon. Today I wake up and start the truck, it says engine will derate in 4 hours and had a red solid light on the def gauge(def over 3/4 full). After waiting on Michelin all day I decided I waited long enough and just drove to the dealership.

They said they ordered a cooling valve for the def. Don't know if peterbilt shop is just way better than international or if having a truck with 1k miles on it having a problem made them work faster. Truck got there at 15:15 and by 17:30 they had it checked out and part ordered.

Our trucks didn't come with a fridge. The sleeper set up looks the same as the pic I saw on the magnum thread. Except where the fridge is ours is just cabinet space.

5. Rollin and Trollin

Rollin and Trollin Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Im assuming from the pics posted a while back that they are twin sized single bunks? If so, that extra cabinet space will come in handy. Gotta have a place to put the microwave and the crock pot! (Assuming theres an inverter lol)
    Also, ive seen elsewhere that the passenger floorboard makes for a good spot for a fridge, if you get one of those nice (read: not very cheap lol) fridges that can either be upright or topload. :D

ArmyGuy Thanks this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I know I miss my Magnum fridge. I have a house fridge strapped to my top bunk, but as rough as the roads are in the areas that we run, I give it 6 mos before it's dead.

7. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Will the shop take out the passenger seat?
    If so put the fridge there

8. ArmyGuy

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    That would be the best idea if they would. Guess I'll be asking them soon.

9. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Were you given an option to stay in your old truck? I hope they don't jerk my old girl away from me as I really need the extra room, really like my fridge and certainly ain't no fan of going into an auto with tag axels.

10. ArmyGuy

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    I told them I want out of my international that I would take anything and they just gave me the pete. I over heard a conversation and they need trucks for new drivers. So I'm assuming they will be giving these Pete's out fast so they can give the newer drivers an international.

I would be shocked if they forced you out. If you have a maxxforce they might eventually though.

11. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Are you not at Magnum anymore?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.