Heartland Express - I was asking for it.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by kid_cardiac, Jul 31, 2014.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I found 3 post cards from them the other day in my mailbox...talk about desperate people...wow you pay .52/mi..but.....no miles...so who castes...it don't matter if it's $1/mi if your not running it equates to....$0..

klepsdad and joseph1135 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN

you are still going to get a few select individuals who will say, "wow! $0.52 per mile! oh I'll be okay I'll just think positive, all those other drivers are just making negative comments, but I'll be alright and make a fortune here!" Bwahahahahahaa

OPUS 7, joseph1135 and tow614 Thank this.
  4. moraramis

moraramis Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    They are burning up Craigslist in my area with offers. Here is one of them: http://littlerock.craigslist.org/trp/4603386641.html

I doubt you'd actually get that much pay, but I do wonder if any people replying to that ad will actually be on a regional run, or be surprised at orientation that its actually a OTR position. J.B. Hunt is famous for that bait and switch.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  5. Brandson

Brandson Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Only read the first page, but... this is the a pretty tame situation for that much explanation. They didn't put you in a 50 dollar motel room after you quit... Why should they?

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Well heartland is desperate for drivers...paying .50/mi they shouldn't be but they are because they look at drivers as numbers instead of people and don't cases whether they make a decent living or not...

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    A don't doubt there are a handful of senior drivers at Heartland/Gordon that are grossing well in excess of $5,000 month ... but how many are grossing under $3,000 month is the big question. There's only a finite amount of freight and too many trucks/drivers. Somebody has to sit, and somebody has to run.

8. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    that's why it's better to work for a small company, where ALL the trucks have to run. But you cant tell some people that!

drvrtech77 and HalpinUout Thank this.
  9. kid_cardiac

kid_cardiac Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    I understand they didn't have to do that. I get it. That's not the point I'm trying to make. All I'm saying is a little human compassion goes a long way. For the most part, they lack it. That's all I'm saying.

48Packard and Clintonstain Thank this.
  10. inandoutoftrouble

inandoutoftrouble Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Wichita KS
    What it really comes down to is this: There is NO shortage of truck drivers at all. If anything, there is probably a SURPLUS of truck drivers all over.

11. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    If there was a shortage, price would had gone up, and pay would had gone up

Hmm but let's say we have "shortage" so we can get a surplus of drivers to keep the cost of living down.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted