Heyl Journey with xlsdraw

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by xlsdraw, Feb 4, 2014.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    So where you working now?

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    I could be wrong but I think back in black meant he's returned working for Heyl lol... If so, good luck xls! I do enjoy reading your running logs.

carramrod32 and xlsdraw Thank this.
  4. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    There isn't a good fit for me where I live. Heyl has it's fair share of positives. The Money will be a little less here. I miss the West. That was the biggest draw to my return. Heyl still has a fair share of Western freight. Very little Northeast. Short haul or Regional reefer by the mile is a definite NO. Dry van outfits have been very uncooperative with letting me run West. Having a terminal close was also a big factor in my return with getting repairs done during home time versus waiting on repairs away from home.

1st load. Sitting @ my Consignee in Hopkins, MN. Picked up in Auburndale, FL. (1562).

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I think you're right I didnt even pay attention to the title,lol

Swedish Chef and xlsdraw Thank this.
  6. xlsdraw

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    A few changes @ Heyl in the 2 yrs I was away. Starting pay is now .41 for OTR. They just switched the local/regional drivers pay in Florida/Southeast from day pay to mileage pay. Don't know if anybody is grandfathered in or not. They are now taking new drivers from approved CDL schools in Florida. Most of the trucks are Automatics with APUs. I got a 2014 Shaker double bunk Condo with 353k on it. 10 speed manual with no apu. Does have a 1500watt inverter. It was probably a team truck.

carramrod32 Thanks this.
  7. xlsdraw

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    My buddy on the Trop Fleet says it's still day pay. The new Southeast guys I spoke to said they're required to be willing to do one OTR 800+ mile run per month.

8. xlsdraw

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Took me just 1 week back with Heyl to realize I have absolutely no tolerance left for OTR. Worked out a 2 week notice.

secorp and Pintlehook Thank this.
  9. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    Did you land another gig yet?

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  10. secorp

secorp Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Lakeland Florida
    OTR is definitely a life style more than a job. The industry would probably lose half their recruits if they were told the truths regarding OTR.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  11. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I did it for 10 years. Had an absolute blast but not a chance in he'll would I go back and do it again.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.