How bad have US Foods and Sysco been lately for unload times?

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by loose_leafs, May 1, 2017.

1. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    Compared to say 3, 4, 5 years ago? I know the name of the hurry up and wait game, just wondering if they have gotten better or worse...

I have to switch runs, and would namely be going to the Phoenix area dealing with them quite a bit. Probably dropping 5 or 6 pallets at each place on average.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SGIT

SGIT Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    West Jordan, UT
    My only experience with Sysco was at the Tolleson location. Arrived an hour early for my 1000hrs appointment and didn't get into a door until after 1400hrs. Waited almost another hour after getting empty to get my bills. Just about an 8 hour day...complete nightmare

KB3MMX, RustyChops41 and loose_leafs Thank this.
  4. DriveStyer

DriveStyer Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Lakeville, MN
    FOOD SERVICE...they have not gotten any better in our experience

loose_leafs Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Sysco in Pokomoke City Maryland at the shore was the best one in my book. Roll in the night prior to the bullpen, wait till sunup and dock when called They unload and you are on your way roughly around lunch. That is the way it should be run.

Don't come here to the one off University in Little Rock. In addition to being shot at, you have to unload it after waiting a while for a dock.

Food places are a necessary evil and their existance is driven by independants who have to charge shoppers a great deal of money compared to big box people who have their own seperate systems from farm to shelf.

loose_leafs Thanks this.
  6. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    How long ago were younthere?

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    The ones I have dealt with in the southeastern US mostly have all done a good job. Don't remember anything more than a couple of hours. I was held up on a delivery one morning at AWG in Goodlettsville, TN and was 3 hours late showing up @ 13:00 to a US Foods in Knoxville later that day and they took me no problem and actually got me out quick.

I did call and let them know the situation very early. They just said keep them posted of my ETA and not to worry they would be receiving late because a lot of trucks were having the same problem that day. I must be the luckiest driver there is with a reefer. I remember years ago pulling a van into these places and hating it. I dunno how or why things seem different anymore.

Big_D409 Thanks this.
  8. SGIT

SGIT Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    West Jordan, UT
    About a month ago

9. Big_D409

Big_D409 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Robertsdale, AL 36567
    I find it easier to lump it yourself if given the option. I usually only have 2 or 3 pallets for each food warehouse. Sysco I tend to get out of easier and faster than us foods. Wholefoods is another good one. Reinhart I spend more time talking to the checkers than anything else.

Aside from a few, usually these places will let LTL jump in any open door. That's just been my experience though. Hopefully you get just as lucky.

10. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    sysco was usually the best for me in and out pretty quick when I was running ltl least the one's in harmony,pa,cleveland and jackson wis then reinhardt.Us foods was a hit or miss and c&s just plain sucks.

11. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    We deliver to a lot of Sysco and generally out here n 2-3 hours.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.