How to understand the way this works!!!!

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by Hellhathnoscorn, Feb 8, 2016.

1. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Don't forget you look at one load and it's light in weight you will be in a lower board position. Compared to a heavy load, which less trucks are able to haul.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TaylorMade407

TaylorMade407 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    I've dealt with both of the WV agents recently and they've both help me with two connecting loads to get to my money load going home.

4. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Sooooooooo true.

5. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    So the First empty First choice that Mercer advertises is not necessarily true.

Klleetrucking Thanks this.
  6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Not what we are saying. A lot of agents have access to more freight than they go after cause they don't have enough trucks in the area willing to cover them. Give that agent a call letting him know you need to get to point x and he can go fishing with his customers to try and find an extra load to get a guy to a specific location.

roshea and MarkH83 Thank this.
  7. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    No it's not!

kjoseph and Klleetrucking Thank this.
  8. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    It is a thorny issue lol:diabloanifire:

9. kjoseph

kjoseph Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Huntington WV
    Especially to some. Lol

10. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    It does seem so to some, but you have to understand how to work within the system. And not how you think the system should be it becomes much more understandable. Some say board position doesn't matter, it does to the extent you have to learn the nuances of your board position, example. What I do at position 4 is far different than I do at 35. Its in learning how a 4 , 6, 8 ,foot tarp effects your chances, how a load to the northeast affects, how hazmat affects your chances, there are many nuances to board position, those who don't figure these nuances attribute problems to agents. Screwing folks on loads and people calling in empty when they are not

CJndaTruck and spyder7723 Thank this.
  11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Skate summed that up nicely. I've been number 50 and higher on loads and gotten them. The reason why is simple, the fifty guys ahead of me were all committing to the ten light no tarp loads and i went for the 46k lb coil that needed tarped that only paid ok, instead of great. By the time those ten good loads ran the board and forty guys didn't get one, my ugly coil ran the board and i was accepted on it.

I think it really just boils down to not tying yourself up on loads that you don't have a chance to get.

Chickadee Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.