How's things?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by McUzi, Jul 23, 2023.

1. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Running steady over at GFS on night shuttle had 509miles last night.
    IMG_1002.jpeg

McUzi, bzinger, Speed_Drums and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Trying to get the routes to the yard on time can be a challenge sometimes. But so far since I’ve been back we’ve only been “late”
    a small portion of times.
    IMG_0784.jpeg
    Today all our routes were back on time although we had a set come in last night that was a half hour late and the city guys who were waiting on that set were not very happy.

And of course one of the late trailers has a very difficult, very big , very angry customer who stoops to using profane language at our driver and the driver said to him look if you want to be mad that’s fine, but your not going to stand here and swear at me. If you continue to curse at me I’m packing up and leaving.

All these customers who claim to leave never do though and even if they do they almost always come back.

McUzi, Digman943, Cardfan89 and 4 others Thank this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The jerk in question might change his tune once nobody will deliver to him anymore.

5. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    What’s funny is they complain and complain but they never leave they just complain and complain but never actually leave.

McUzi Thanks this.
  6. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Having been on both boards at that barn, I'll say without a doubt that there was only 1 road driver that would be identified as a primadona, well... at that time at least.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  7. basedinMN_

basedinMN_ Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    St Paul, MN
    Are you sure he's not a truck driver?

8. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    With food prices being so high you getting any of that dough in your paycheck? My wife can easily spend $300 and bring home almost nothing lmao

9. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Busy night last night I was gassed when I got home 530 miles 4 separate set ups and break downs and some waiting took me 12hours and 11 minutes. Last night.

McUzi and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  10. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    It's been a grueling month. I spent a lot of hours on the couch sleeping and drinking. The stupidity which was Yellow collapsed. I forecasted this years ago but chose not to act on it. Kinda naive on my part to think Holland would survive while the parent company went kaput.

I've gotten really good advice along with some stern words on here telling me to pull myself together. I don't think there is a way to thank each one of you. Regardless how harsh your commentary was. I had to hear it. I really did.

I applied to 10 companies. I was denied 7 times, turned down a 1099 position. Then finally turned down a position building tires (not even good tires). I got a start date of next week and will work a local Class B job. It's been a s#### month. But they are giving me a new start.

Things are looking up. Aside from restarting our finances, I am also ready to restart my life after my company collapsed. Please believe me when I say this. It was brutal. It was brutal to lose your job, coworkers, and identity. It was even worse going from one phone interview to another saying a technical federal infraction is disqualifying me for a position. And those are reputable companies.

Next Tuesday I will start over new. I am greatful for a new shot at driving.

Thank you for your support

11. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I...might be joining you here shortly. I just had a WILD conversation with someone over the weekend, and we will see how it goes.

Banker, McUzi, snowbird_89 and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.