I Love my Job and I love my Company I work for

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by tommymonza, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    I'm also very happy with my company. I've been here for 2 years (anniversary is tomorrow). I've been treated well since day 1. I've got a nice 2015 truck that has treated me well. I keep busy. The office leaves me alone. I like what I get paid. It truly is a blessing.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida

Yep I trained to run flatbed with some scumbag mega flatbed company out of Gary. But. After that didn't work out I got hired hauling milk.

Tanker has ruined my lazy ### . But still lost 28 pounds the last 4 months. 6 foot 200 pounds looks good on me .

Must be all the free chocolate milk I get to drink at the diaries

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida

That's what its all about. Money is nice but happiness and being comfortable with fellow employees who are coopertive and helpful as is administrative is key to why I started this thread

Odin's Rabid Dog Thanks this.
  5. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    [QUOTE="Odin's Rabid Dog, post: 7521679, member: 216291"

And I do feel at home. I feel like I belong. Fairly old equipment, lots of breakdowns, driving nights, kinda crappy job, really, driving through log yards at night to load, sawdust in my ears at shift end, etc.

But I feel at home, and like I'm part of something, bigger than me, somewhere where I belong.

That's worth a lot.
    .[/QUOTE]

Feeling at Home is a wonderfull secure feeling that goes a Long way when your having a bad day at work or with personal stuff at home.

My company bends over backwards to accommodate the smallest inconvenience

Cents per a mile are immeasurable when you have kind consideration looking over you.

6. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida

I was discussing this with my sister earlier. I just moved back to GR Michigan after 35 years in SW Florida. U know ,The area that still speaks English.

Michigan and surrounding areas have some of thee nicest people you could ever meet..

Nice makes Nice

74Chris, Lonesome and bzinger Thank this.
  7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yeah Tommy I love my job these days and especially the money !

If I explained the things I hate about it id get banned here ..

tommymonza Thanks this.
  8. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Been with my employer almost 5 years, and last year really soured my with this company. Constant changing policy's, people all around me getting promotions, company building huge 'man-camp' for out of town drivers but wont do squat for us that actually live here. All locals that were in management/supervisor have been terminated, now all big city mangers. camera's everywhere, and i mean everywhere! they have people at corporate 24/7 watching live monitors to watch you walk across the parking lot and time your walking speed, question you how many times you use the rest room, list goes on.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    tommymonza, LtlAnonymous and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Going on 4 yrs with current and final company, very happy here. Im treated very well.
    I really enjoy daycabbing a tank around the upper midwest.
    Money has increased every year here.
    Half way thru this year im on pace for 95k m-f own bed every night no weekends unless i want.

10. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Ain't that the truth. Another thing I like, other than the home every night unless I choose otherwise, and good pay, etc... is when I need something I dial up the man that owns the truck I drive. No more using a qualcomm to communicate with some 911 dispatcher reject turned trucking company dispatcher.

tommymonza and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    You don't just fly by the office? Or is this part "under wraps yet". so to speak?

Vic Firth Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.