I seem to have a lot of trouble getting home time. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by mateynine, Apr 6, 2019.

1. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    truckstop-uber-airport-home.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mateynine

mateynine Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2018
    spend $700 getting the one day off that I need? o_O

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If I knew I had court in 5 weeks, Im lined up a plane ticket that's open. Worse case scenario I'll hire a light jet one way to be there in court. Let that truck rot. (Approx 400 a hour you can be on either coast in 4 to 7 hours max with a fast jet and able to get out at any airport that has a 5000 or 6000 foot runway of which there are dozens in all states.

Don't forget to fly basic air commercial at 59.00 one way stopping in every little airport all the way down with three or four plane changes. It will take you a while to get to that truck.

I would be looking for a different employer either way. What part of quit don't dispatch understand? Ive actually quit and moved on to a different company due to not being routed properly in the direction of the house or some other stupid issue like that.

Document everything.

5. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    This doesnt surprise me. Werner routinely hires spoiled brats who have never had a real job before and went directly to college.

About half of the dispatchers I ever had were the mental age of a child and would constantly do things to antagonize drivers and were too out of touch with reality to understand their behavior was unprofessional.

Probably has to do with HR being full of absolute idiots. They have absolutely no personal standards at all and actually side with harassment until it gets the sued.

Absolute morons.

mateynine Thanks this.
  6. mateynine

mateynine Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2018
    welp, still haven't been routed for a terminal. truck service is due and the license plate has been sitting in their office since the 21st of march. I haven't taken any home time in between then and now.

Didn't get paid layover for the time spent waiting 28 hours for a load despite my dispatcher telling me I was.
    Didn't get paid for driving 800 miles when a shipper gave me the wrong load. Lost around $200 in potential wages.
    Had to refile a new court case costing me $100 because of multiple missed hearings

I wanna stab myself.

7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Which carrier is this?

8. mateynine

mateynine Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Werner. I'm still with them.

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I have no experience with them. I'm guessing you're fairly new to the trade? Things get better after you get a year under your belt. You have a lot more options available to you.

10. dogtrucker

dogtrucker Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2012
    my truck
    Did everything on the bills match up with your load assignment, trailer number and seal number? If so, that is outrageous and they absolutely owe.

If not, I'd be embarrassed to admit it.

11. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Try Schneider Dedicated or May Trucking maybe? I don't know what their home time is like but they seem more accommodating than the other megas.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.