KBR: still operating overseas?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Ralph4159, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Ralph4159

Ralph4159 Heavy Load Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Is KBR still hiring truck drivers for various war zones? I worked for them 2004-6 and wonder if drivers are still over in the middle east. I always regret leaving because it was the best money I ever made (mainly because housing, food, etc was all free and most of the income tax free). I couldn't find any reunion sites either. Am looking for a truck driver, Greg (forgot his last name), big guy who used the handle "Forklift".

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
    Flat Earth Trucker and cuzzin it Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I drove over there from 05 to 07. I've heard that there are still some jobs there but since it is not considered a war zone anymore the only uplift in pay is for it being international.
    There are some Facebook groups that drivers and others connect on. Do a search for kbr or the name of the site you were at.

Flat Earth Trucker and Ralph4159 Thank this.
  4. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    The pay isn't worth it these days. I attended an online job fair for KBR in 2020. And the money they were offering to work abroad. Was the same money one could make in the U.S. at a regular job. ($15.58 p/hr). Guys get paid more to drive concrete trucks in Houston than that. I wasn't going back over there. I just wanted to know where the pay was now a days.

I've ran across guys from KBR at truck stops or even at the same company I was working for in the past. Some guys were divorced and struggling. Some guys lost the Thailand woman that they were helping get to the U.S. after she actually got in country. Some guys never made it into management as they thought they would. Basically alot of guys got a dose of reality once they returned from KBR into the U.S. they learned that they were never more than just a truck driver.

I saw a guy at a truck stop in hopskinsville, KY. He was desert camo and KBR head to toe. And was saying how he saved so many drivers. And stabbed and shot so many Iraqi army soldiers. I said oh yea, what FOB where you at. And what department where you in. After that he turned cherry red he played like he got a text then said he had to go.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  5. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Sounds like the driver that came into the truck stop north of the t/a in Chicago, and was wearing spurs on both boots! I swear the whole truck stop was trying so hard not to laugh!

6. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    :D:D:D:D:D:DWould’ve been funny if everyone started saying “ka-ching” when he was walking around. I said that to a friend of mine who fancied himself to be a cowboy, he hasn’t done it since.

7. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Do a Google search for Fluor ..they do same basic work..and pay more than KBR / Haliburton

Ralph4159 Thanks this.
  8. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    That would've been hilarious!

9. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I did know a guy who dressed like a cowboy, his whole life, with bandana, (he died of heartattack while off training horses, he had sold his,) people would laugh at him, If you didn’t know him, you’d not know he trained horses, and was a rodeo champion in 81,83 and 85.
    He had an older Fld120 and a flatbed, and hopper,
    Gooseneck horse trailer behind dually pickup.
    IMG_6499.png

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I saw a guy in Atlanta wearing spurs and riding a motorcycle. He came in the truckstop and bought some snacks.

The one california kid Thanks this.
  11. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Long before these fancy message boards and social media there was a site called Pumpkindriver.com There was a couple of KBR/Schneider drivers on there. Learned from them that it would not have been an ideal place for me. Just like the oil field, the smart ones benefited financially. Most of them were broke within a year after coming home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.