Landstar Questions

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Brickman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. csmith1281

csmith1281 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Is this a Landstar policy, or is that DOT? At Swift, it is 1 mile. At Prime it's 2 miles. Is that going to change with the ELD mandate?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. csmith1281

May 29, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Just a LIIIIIIIIITLE bit of an overstatement. $42M in the highest of the last 4 quarters.

4. csmith1281

May 29, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    The family feeling is good, but I get an even bigger, better family feeling when I have enough money to feed my kids and take some time off to spend with them. I wouldn't turn down more money… potentially a lot more money... unless I had to sell my soul to get it.

I'm just saying Prime is light years ahead of where I was at Stevie Wonders Institute for Trucking because I'm making more money and they actually treat you decently.

5. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC

Earlier this month..there were over 43k on a few days..... most I've ever seen....

csmith1281 Thanks this.
  6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    The rules had good intentions that I don't disagree with. There would never have been a need for any labor laws or DOT regulations if that hadn't been the case. So rules/regs are needed.

What I disagree with are powerful special interest groups showering hundreds of thousands if not millions into Democrat and Republican election coffers to get rules made up that mean more profit for them.

And there is absolutely no evidence EOBR make things safer but there is reams of evidence out there to the unsafe conditions it creates with guys speeding to beat that electronic clock not to mention the physical health toll from the strain and pressure. The blood pressure industry will get a boost.

7. csmith1281

May 29, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Is there no off-duty drive time?

8. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Not sure about everyone else, but LS allows up to 2 hrs for Off Duty Personal Conveyence.

You must be empty, and you cannot be advancing towards a pickup or delivery.

csmith1281 Thanks this.
  9. chasedog

chasedog Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Right now the carriers set the distance a truck can move before the ELD puts you on the drive line automatically. And your carrier sets the amount of personal conveyance you get per day. That all changes Monday. The FMCSA is mandating that all trucks be regulated the same. I confirmed this with the LS Log Dept. Thursday. Gone is the 2 mile buffer. Monday every time you move at more than 5 mph you will immediately be put on the drive line. Personal conveyance will also change but not Monday. The FMCSA will determine that later.

I love elogs. Been using them for the better part of a decade. But this rule change really sucks and will cause serious headaches, many of which we cannot even imagine until they start happening Monday. This will cost us money. I guarantee it.

csmith1281 and againstthewind Thank this.
  10. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    We try to arrive to the customer to get (un)loaded about 5 hours early. Show some obligatory On Duty time then jump in the sleeper. It is a guessing game how long they will take to (un)load us. So about an hour before appt time, check in (still in Sleeper mode) then ease on around to the docks. They may take xhowever long. Unknown. Say it is 2 hours, then we check out and roll out to the street again hoping not to get a parking ticket and continuing to log Sleeper til that magic 8 hour mark. Show some more obligatory On Duty time and send in the appropriate empty/loaded call message and roll out to a legit park spot or to the next load. All that changes Monday, might maybe be able to preserve it with <5 miles per hour deal, unknown if we will be able to continue breaking the law to stay legal...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  11. secorp

secorp Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Lakeland Florida
    Fueling must be shown, DOT checks fuel receipts for there time stamp. I learned the hard way.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.