Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    It’s 2 buildings with a narrow lot in between. They share the lot. It’s literally divided down the center. My buddy only paved his half. The other side only plows their half. They argue about customers parking on the wrong side... It’s a really stupid situation lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Well, the one who owns the lot IMHO is the one who gets to make that decision as to whether or not you can park there. If that entity isn’t the other folks, they can get over it or under it.

Zata40 Thanks this.
  4. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Hoping to help here...
    You guys who are thinking about leaving because...well something different...or do something unloading...or....????
    I'm asking you to think about how well you have it. Doesn't really matter what you haul.
    Instead of going with Magnum. I took a food grade, bulk pneumatic tanker job. Hauling flower. Yes, it's a good job in general. But the company? No... I have points with FMCSA now because of an inspection. Had to fix three things. They won't fix things. I'm down every trip out, taking care of something that the company and or mechanic should have. It's chaos. And I've spoken not only with the Terminal Manager. But his boss at the main office. They've never driven a truck. They don't know. Only reason I'm not on my way to Magnum right now is; Tony urged me to not bail on only 2 months with my first company. That's the only reason. Things might change. But I seriously doubt it.
    As to waiting on loading/unloading. You can do better for your health by exercising at that time. That is movement focused on building you up...and that's all... Even sleep, if needed, can be included as 'exercise'. Focus on you with downtime. Eat better too.
    I can suggest a sort of dynamic stretching for a person to start. You don't think it will do much at first. But it does a ton. One thing is, it opens up the blood flow around every joint. Each joint is a place of holding down blood flow. It makes a huge difference. I could go on and on... You can look at a free youtube from Scott Sonnon on Intu Flow. That's his stretching program. He competed and coaches fighters at world class level. Also helping others. He says intu flow is needed for six months before exercising. He has good reason. Do it right.

Anyway.... I hate to see good people leaving a good company just because of 'wanting'.

ncmickey Thanks this.
  5. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    Maybe I gave the wrong impression. I’m not leaving, not trying to leave, not thinking of leaving. I’m happy here. I agree we have it good here. There is so much to like.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  6. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    No wrong impression. It was other posts that caused me to post. :)

7. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I just posted the option of coming here because he mentioned that he wished they did other types of freight like flatbed...I am as happy with my company as he is with Magnum...just giving him food for thought before freight bordem sets in.

ncmickey Thanks this.
  8. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    There is a lot off of Little Mack that you can pay to park in. It’s north of 12 mile.

29751 Little Mack
    Roseville, MI

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  9. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Maybe my google game is off but that addy brings up a gynecology company, but I see the lot youre talking about across the street. Do you have any more info? I cant find a number to call. That is pretty darn close to my house. If not Ill drive up there to talk to them.

10. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    I’ve only been there once to grab an empty. A couple of our owner ops park there.

Try this address

Salvatore Excavating Co
    29850 Little Mack
    Roseville, MI

Ray Strack Thanks this.
  11. dedrouteCO

dedrouteCO Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Vail, CO
    I'll only charge half of whatever the lumpers charge to unload myself.

Zata40 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.