Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    I dont suppose there is any way of knowing what the average mpg is for a set group of trucks is there? Im watching my numbers for this period and fuel economy is the only metric not set in stone. I have a 15 manual and believe Im at 7.3 avg, and so far my monthly miles average out to be 11,989 as long as my current load that is scheduled for 5-1 at 8am goes under this month. Seems like mpg will be the only thing holding me back from maxing out my pay if they keep giving me good miles.

It would also be nice to see where we fall under currently for cruise control usage. With these miles, Im excited to see a bonus.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    My mpg is also 7.3 right now. It’ll go way up in the summer. It is frustrating because you don’t really know where you stand. In the summer I’m off the scale and easily max out my mpg points... I’ve had 8.6 for the trimester last summer. In the colder months not so much. The only reason I kept my .50 this trimester was because of the couple extra bonus points. There must be something in the colder months we’re not doing that others are. I don’t understand how my mpg is so outlandishly great in comparison during summer, but I’m comparatively average in winter.

4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Depends upon which third world country you almost learned how to drive in.

5. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    Well if youre 7.3 right now I'll take that. I had to idle 1 night until I got into a TK. I figured Id fall in the average section on mpg in worse case scenario, which should put me 46-48 cpm at this rate. Just gotta keep working at it. Thats still good for a rookie.

Zata40 Thanks this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Winter blend of fuel has more additives in it so it effects the cetane of diesel (diesels equivalent to octane). Plus, cold weather thickens the lube in everything that the engine drives.

There use to be a chart online (and in the paperwork that they gave out in orientation) that showed the different years/transmission type and the expected fuel mileage. When I was there, they only compared year model and transmission type to each other when calculating fuel mileage bonus.. (15 auto's were only compared to 15 auto's, etc.)

7. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Also cold air is denser than warm air.

8. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    Yeah, I have that chart. It shows 7.3 maxing out mpg for fuel economy but this metric is changing every period which is why I was wondering.

Zata40 Thanks this.
  9. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ok Magnum drivers. I figured I'd ask here since you guys are based out of Fargo.

On Monday I'm going to find myself empty 30 miles west of Bismarck with a reefer trailer. I am a company driver who is sort of being "punished" because I can't do a full west coast produce turn this time out. I run for a PA based carrier, and I'm wondering what they are going to be able to find for me coming back east.

I have this sinking feeling that they are going to play the game of letting me sit and rot out there saying, "no freight, call back tomorrow", or playing the nothing coming east game, telling me I'm going to HAVE TO go west from there...

I'm not looking for sensitive information, or leads on loads as I'm a company driver. I'm just wondering if I'm screwed or not...

10. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    There is refer freight out here. French Fries have them call our logistics division they have some brokered freight to offer out.

mattbh23 Thanks this.
  11. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks much! :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.