Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    My previous post said it won’t quite back under a loaded trailer. I’m sure it will... but it just feels too fast, even in low gear, to just let it go. So I hit the brake just before contacting the trailer. I’m sure I’ll get used to it eventually. It feels like it will slam the trailer too hard. It’s nice when backing into a parking spot. But maybe a tad too aggressive when hooking to a trailer or bumping a dock to just let it go.

I attached a screenshot of a document the shop provided me with. That's the part about backing up.

20180901_120225.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Reason for edit: Attachment
    Zangief and Bumper Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    The reason I asked is because even though I just got a 2019 Cascadia last week next month we are getting some new 2019 KW 680's in and because I am the one going out to get them and bring them to the yard I get to chose one if I so desire. I am pretty happy with the Cascadia so the 680 will have to blow me away to change trucks again.

Zata40 Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I've never driven a Cascadia, but loved the 680 that Big G had. Even without all the bells and whistles, the 680 was a comfy truck except the retarded auto-deflating seat that comes standard.

5. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I noticed that. I am in the process of getting 10 KW 680 daycabs with the small sleeper for our local guys and I was wondering why the seat kept going down every time I exited the truck. Thanks!

6. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    So it reads speed limit signs?
    Does it slow truck down or send a message to the company

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    That new system is the same one Big G had on their newer trucks. It reads speed limit signs (even the one's on a frontage road when you're on the interstate) and beeps. It can be set up to message the office. The system can be configured to tattle on ya for lane changes w/o signal, lane departure, speeding etc...

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    That's the system that tried to kill me. I was cleaning the truck, and something fell between the door and the seat, so I layed down chest 1st on the seat to pick it up, and the seat inflated and trapped me between the seat and steering wheel...I had to hit the emergency deflate button.

Bumper and runningman0661 Thank this.
  9. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Lol thinking of you, parked next to a Mack Anthem

10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Talked to 2 more drivers who said they wanted one at first, but once they found out about all the beeping, bleeping and annoying crap that is installed, along with the lack of storage, they changed their mind and basically said that if forced to change trucks, they'll move on. That's getting to be a common theme about them. I personally think it'll be one of Mack's biggest epic fails.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  11. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Agreed

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.