Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    I gave 16 manual but I believe all the newer ones are autos

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    20180928_101342.jpg
    Who can decipher these percentages?

Is higher or lower better? Do I want 0% it 100%?

These low numbers make me feel like a schmuck driver, since I have no idea what they mean. But sometimes I get messages telling me I'm doing a good job. Lol

mattbh23 Thanks this.
  4. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Nobody knows, I’ve asked a half dozen people at my company and have got 6 different answers.

What I do know is that my truck started at about 50% in all categories and they all dropped to 0% within 20k miles. At 80K mikes they are still at 0%.

I’ve googled it and all I can find is technical material written for the owners of the truck and nothing for the driver.

I think the company has the option of changing the top speed of the truck based on those numbers and if that configuration isn’t used then the numbers just go away from the factory default.

mattbh23 and Zata40 Thank this.
  5. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    Yeah I've tried the same things as you. I'm just told we don't get rewards from it so don't worry about it. The only one the company cares about is seat belt use is 100%. But he did say generally lower is better.

I'mI not necessarily interested in company benefits it provides. I'm interested in improving. Sounds like you're in the same boat.

Thanks for chiming in!

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  6. SkylineGTR34

SkylineGTR34 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2018
    So I’m looking at this company as a possibility with 2 years clean and clear experience. Hard runner normally staying out 5-6 month time periods. Guess the only thing kinda making me shy away from Magnum is I keep seeing there is hardly any west coast running. I love normally going from like IL to UT or CA even WA if I’m feeling squirrelly but have a few questions fella.

As far as equipment do they have APUs and inverters? If not do they allow idle during summer months? Are they 10-12-13 speed autos? When I did a brief stint at prime I had a 17 Peterbilt with a 10 speed which was at best a total retard trans but when I jumped back to the company I just left I was in the 18 Cascadia which wasn’t bad but took the dam fuse out for lane departure cuz it was so irritating. Had 23miles when I got er in January and when I left she had 83k so I run hard.

Are the trucks here limited? (Speed wise)

Do they have front or rear facing drive cams?

Do they make you pay for any type of equipment?

Duals or the stupid super singles?

Do they run you pretty well?

If you guys can think of anything else for me to know I’d greatly appreciate it! Thanks fellas be safe out ther

7. radioshark

Nov 19, 2012
    We don’t run California or the northeast.
    Seattle to Portland to Denver to SanAntonio to Atlanta to Jersey to Fargo. Primarily run that box. A few loads to Florida. Mostly inside that box back and forth to MN/ND.
    ApU’s 1800 watt inverter frig.
    64 mph
    Forward facing camera. No driver facing.
    Don’t pay for any equipment
    Duals.
    Yes I get about 12k a month.

Zata40 Thanks this.
  8. radioshark

Nov 19, 2012
    Oh and loads out of MN/ND are not forced you get to pick your load from what they have

28 Thanks this.
  9. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    @radioshark got most of it.

The majority of our trucks are 10 speeds. But starting with the 2019s they're 12 speeds.

We do have the lane departure system.

If you're staying out 5-6 months you'll have no problem getting the miles you want. We had a bit of a hiccup last year because a couple of our veteran dispatchers departed. But at this point, we're back to a pretty solid dispatch team.

The vast majority of our trucks are Peterbilt 579s. But this year they got a few Cascadias and ... Kenworths... I'm not sure on which model Kenworths. I just heard we got them. I haven't seen a Magnum Kenworth truck yet lol

Just FYI when you talk to Tony our recruiter he's good people and a former driver for Magnum. He's not gonna give you a load of crap. His office is right next to the OTR vice president and operations. So there's a good chance he can give you info we may not necessarily know about yet, simply because things are always evolving here.

As for going out west, Radioshark answered that part. There was a brief time period where I wasnt going out west for a month or two. I was kinda like "what happened?" But right now they keep sending me out there. At least to UT, ID, CO. I went out to WA last month. I also love the Northwest.

Another thing... It's very rare to not be pre-planned before you deliver.

mattbh23 Thanks this.
  10. mattbh23

mattbh23 Heavy Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Benton Harbor, MI
    I’ve been here close to three years and they keep me moving. Trucks are nice and fully loaded. The miles are there. I do between 10,000-11,000 a month.

11. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Does Magnum offer CDL training ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.