Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. G&P_Trucking

G&P_Trucking Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Fayetteville, NC
    As far as length of training what I was told is depending on how long I've been driving that they can verify thru my dac, if ur under 1 year it's 2-3 weeks. If ur fresh outta School tho idk but I'd say to be prepared for 4-6 weeks at most. That's the typical length. I was told there is a pet policy, 2 pets at a time and they deduct $50 per paycheck until they cover a deposit (I can't remember exactly it's either $250 or $500) I was told $75 per day while training, pay afterwards depending on experience... I did specifically ask about cats and they do allow them I did not however ask about birds. .. ..?
    I asked how they train and 90% of the driving is done by you and the trainer watches u from passenger seat on-duty. Idk if they have team driving tho. Feel free to give Tony a call and ask, he's a really nice guy. If he doesn't pickup leave a voicemail and he'll call u back sometime this afternoon or tomorrow morning I'd assume.

I'm starting at Magnum on January 7th, currently I work at J&R Schugel but I'm excited for the change.

Mitch

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Metallica88 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Straight out of CDL school?
    Till the trainer thinks your ready usually 30 days.
    Yes on pets dog or cat max 500 deposit each
    Run as a solo no teaming

G&P_Trucking and Metallica88 Thank this.
  4. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Lol you may regret that :). Enjoy your turkey day!

sc00ter, G&P_Trucking and Zata40 Thank this.
  5. G&P_Trucking

G&P_Trucking Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Fayetteville, NC
    Out of curiosity, what is magnums chain policy? Do you carry chains in the winter?
    How often do you have midnight - 5am delivery's and pickups?

How often do they give raises or "re evaluate pay" and what is the max pay rate for base pay not including bonuses.... Srry I know may not Kno this stuff I just forgot to ask Tony

Thx
    Mitch

6. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    .50 max base I usually get 7 cent a mile monthly bonus.
    Carry chains because state law out west requires that they be on the truck. It’s up to you, if it shut down absolutely nothing is said.
    Quite a few deliveries between 0001 and 0500 we are a refer company.
    Don’t know how often they give out the raise, this new pay structure is only like 3 months old so I’m not sure.

G&P_Trucking Thanks this.
  7. Zata40

Zata40 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Northeast Illinois
    I feel like I don't get many of those late night appointments. Maybe somebody loves me. It's not that I never get them. Maybe a few times per month. I did a post about this where I posted all my appointment times for a 3 month period and I think it was like 25% of my appointments were in that time frame.

BTW... Belgian waffle at Denny's is awesome! Lol

G&P_Trucking and radioshark Thank this.
  8. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Does Magum have a lot of freight in Pennsylvania? I live in North East PA.

9. SkylineGTR34

SkylineGTR34 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2018
    hey everyone hope y'all are staying safe....know the weather out there right now is pretty nasty especially in the north east....just an update that im going on about..so was able to ask Jeff if he could install an arm rest on the left side and thank god he did because the pain in my neck was getting to be to much everyday (pinched nerve at base of neck) but the other thing im having to go a few rounds with the shop is the inverter issue. Now one of the main things ive been trying to explain to the shop is the modified and true sine wave deal.

Just been having issues with my new tv, microwave sounds like crap and not heating, laser printer won't work unless truck runs, and playstation has loud buzzing like a power transformer. This is due to the modified wave guys. So regardless if this is a company truck or not im going to be spending about 450 of my Money for a new inverter to which Jeff replied it needs to be same location, size, not interfere with spacing and be the same wattage...

True Sine Wave Inverter

This is the one the last 2 companies I worked at used and they are fantastic. Just my biggest issue is when using my charger for my MacBook Pro....the "brick" becomes so hot just one of these days it will melt something internally or worse destroy my MacBook. If you are having some similar issues with your electronics are haven't really paid attention to it....I recommend you give it a second look so your components don't go bust on you when you need them the most!

Thanks fellas, and laides.....safe trucking

mattbh23 Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Love's has a pure sine wave inverter on sale right now. It's either a 1000 or 1500 for $249.

I use a regular truckstop inverter for all my stuff without any issues, but I don't use a game machine or anything Apple. My microwave is noisy, but its the cheapest Walmart microwave they sell, and 5 years old.

jackoboyo Thanks this.
  11. SkylineGTR34

SkylineGTR34 Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2018
    Ya looked up that PowerDrive one an the wave still isn’t the proper one plus doesn’t have cut offs, alarms, and good internals. Just going to go with the Eaton one plus it’s 87% efficiency rating helps

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.