Mercer Lease vs Mercer Brokerage

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by Gentlemanfarmer, Aug 13, 2016.

1. LifeAsAKeffer

LifeAsAKeffer Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I was going to lease on with Oakley trucking this week, but also saw Mercer and liked what I saw more and since I cant find my ssn card, I'm thinking its a sign from God to to here. I haven't talked to anyone here yet so what would I need to start up here? Do I need to have a headache rack before I go to orientation or will they finance me one with all the chains and binders to go with it? I'm also in Moyock, NC which is close to Norfolk, VA. Would I stay busy and be able to go home on the weekends? From my understanding, Mercer is close to Landstar as far as finding loads, dispatching myself sounds great. Whats the average pay per mile doing the lease with Mercer? Trailer fees? (step deck) Whats all the info I should know? Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. earlybird1104

earlybird1104 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2015
    They will finance u a rack if u like to call me I can give u info

4. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Not a lot of flat or step deck freight at Mercer anymore. The majority of their freight is cut and pasted from other load boards or brokers. Junk bargain basement rates. The vast majority of their loads are van freight. Mercer claims that most of the van loads are "ghost" loads on their boards. Bull Poo!! You will beg for freight. They keep their favorites loaded and give them heads up on up coming loads before they are posted. Lots of games.:protest:

Many of their good loads are held back for their favorites. Lots of behind the scenes shenanigans go on with some of the O/O and the brokers. I have been a victim to it numerous times. I am giving you fair warning.

Now you want to get chains, binders, tarps etc etc, headache rack, lease a trailer and get a base plate from them.
    Your settlement will get raped. You will go broke. There is no sustainable way to stay at mercer. This is why you see the truck stops cluttered with Mercer and Landstar adds. Both of these companies are owner operator mills. They thrive on turn over.

Been to Virginia many times. Mercer whines that they don't have any available freight in the area. You will sit!

You will go broke here. Dont listen to the Mercer Koolaid slurpers.

Spoke to a Mercer O/O who had 39 years experience. He only spent 5 months at Mercer and saw through their baby games and experienced the trash rates . He is hemorrhaging money and going broke. He is going to mail back the permit book and their plate to them.

All I can say is you have been warned.

5. earlybird1104

Dec 22, 2015
    That's not true I work for mercer I haven't went broke its good freight pulling one now 2.60 mile now what

spyder7723 and rainey05 Thank this.
  6. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    That is nothing but a lie!!! How can you say that to the OP! You must be a recruiter or one of their favorites. The vast majority of their loads are well under $2.00 per mile. Or you are pulling a short haul 200 miles lol. (Still cheap for short haul).

They have freight going to the east coast (Virginia, North Carolina, etc for $1.40-$1.60 per mile!!! Sometimes much less.

I hope the OP will message me so I can send him a screen shot of the load board so he can see for himself. Its all trash! Lets not forget about all the re brokered CH Robinson, JB Hunt and Schneider freight.

7. earlybird1104

Dec 22, 2015
  8. earlybird1104

Dec 22, 2015
    Person like u failed then want to spread b.s go be a company driver

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  9. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    I am a Mercer driver that allowed myself get baited by a bunch of BS. I should of known better but I bit.
    Far as the loads go....the shipper or receiver will tell you if they have the info. Sometimes the Mercer broker will tell you if you push them enough for info.

Far as favorites getting loads? Had a load cancelled on me. Claimed the "shipper canceled it." Well this time I followed up on it!! The last mistake Mercer made is that I knew the shipper,, and was extremely familiar with them first hand, way before I came to Mercer. Went down there and discovered another Mercer truck (with an really low number) has loading. He was loading the load that "got cancelled." Lies!

After blowing up the phones at Mercer I spoke to someone who claimed " the shipper wanted that driver to pull it."
    ANOTHER LIE! First it was cancelled....then they said the shipper wanted a specific driver to pull it. I knew the people in the shipping department and one of the plant managers. Guess what. ANOTHER MERCER LIE!

They just took the load from me plain and simple and gave it to one of their fan bois.

This type of baby game has happened numerous times. I didn't think much of loads getting cancelled...and I can deal with it. Its a part of trucking. But in this case the load was taken from me and given to another. (a favorite).

This has happened many times before. This is just the tip of the iceberg with the games. I can cite a few others.

Before you say anything that truck was below me on the board. I unloaded a full 24 hours before the other truck did. I was actually dispatched on that load!

Mercer has junk freight, they play games and fail to deliver. Am I leaving. Heck yes!!
    Mercer can continue to play games....its their right....but I dont have to be there!

NO BS! If they want to sip the Mercer kool aid.....let them.
    I gave fair warning.

10. earlybird1104

Dec 22, 2015
    Are u still working for mercer

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.