Mercer Transportation Co., Inc. - Louisville, Ky.?

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by HEAVY METAL, Oct 6, 2006.

1. thomasrsimmons9285

thomasrsimmons9285 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thomasrsimmons9285

thomasrsimmons9285 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2014
    I just got off the phone with a Mercer recruiter. He told me that the average rate per mile TO THE TRUCK was $1.65.
    Can anyone confirm this?

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    It wouldn't surprise me. It always amazes me how many folks are willing to run so cheap. But you shouldn't care what the average is, the number that matters is what the top 10 or 15% are doing.

6. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Actually its much less. The vast majority of the loads are scrubbed from other load boards and brokers. Some direct shippers....but very few. Also many loads are hidden for favorites or conveniently posted in such a fashion so their favorites will get them. Their load board is a complete joke. You would be better off at Landstar.

7. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Their top drivers are their favorites...or they have a dedicated full time run (which is for their favorites lol). Go figure.

8. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    When are you starting your own company? I want to lease on to you cause you'll have all the $10 a mile freight & trucking roll be all roses then. I can't wait for this to happen. Plus, I know your system will be easy enough for an idiot to learn so there won't be any learning curve & I'll be making the BIG money right from the start.

9. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Already rolling with my own authority.
    Not making ten bucks a mile lol....but sure doing #### better. Its hard work...no doubt. I am in control and already building great relationships.

mtoo Thanks this.
  10. back street slider

back street slider Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Belleville,Il
    Good luck to you, so we won't see anymore Mercer bashing from you?

11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Now you know that ain't gonna happen.

Wouldn't be bad if it was legitimate complaints about not liking recent changes, or the piss poor implementation of them. But his complaints are so far removed from realty that no one can take them serious.

back street slider Thanks this.
  12. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Good deal. Good luck to you. You should go to the owner operator section & start a thread keeping everyone up to date on your experiences.

13. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Actually there is a lot of things I am learning on both the trucker side and broker side. Many of my mentors are ex Landstar, Mercer and Bennett drivers that have their own operating authority and are extremely successful. The vast majority of them have well over 35 years experience. All I wanted from the last carrier I was with was honesty....not sugar coated BS lol.

It was entirely my fault for tolerating it and allowing it to happen to me. In the end it is my responsibility to run my company, and I take full ownership of my mistakes. I dont blame the carrier...I blame myself. The carrier will always do what is in the carriers best interest....always have ...always will. If its in the best interest of an O/O Carrier to lie, cheat, manipulate and show favoritism (despite policies against this behavior).....the carrier will continue to do so. The O/O drivers that leave or quit are just collateral damage that is already baked into the carriers profit calculations. In short.....its normal business as usual. I understand the nature of the beast and I cannot get upset at them. I blame myself.

Far as bashing any O/O carrier its about telling the truth about what is going on. Not bashing...but peeling back the layers of the Mega Carrier Onion to see what is really going on underneath. If someone needs to be called out I have no problem doing it. If I am wrong I have no problem falling on my sword and admitting it.

I will say however my eyes have been opened up on my journey. I was amazed how far down the rabbit hole I am going lol. It is an interesting and enlightening experience...given all the new changes.

When I see good I will call it out, and I have on other social media.

back street slider Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs