My first time threatened with having the police called on me

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by seamutt, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve had my share over the years. Generally I give someone the benefit of a doubt. Try to avoid an escalation. A polite “excuse me” or “ what did you say?” goes a long way. Recently I had a Guard rudely tell me to park first, and come back. OK, it’s his territory. Then it was strictly Business. No extra talking or explaining. Just a somber look, and waiting for him to say something. He then must have realized he was being a jerk. He became extra nice and very helpful. Lol. Go figure. Just never know. Regardless, we have a job to do. They have a job to do. We need to be professional, while in others territories. You did the right thing. Got the job done, moving on. He’s still stuck in his shack one ### beating away from his own demise. He definitely would deserve it. You should make a complaint to someone after BOL is signed.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    razor1983, Lonesome, JoeyJunk and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    The hardest thing to do is walk away , iv got natural violent tendencies. Iv used a pry bar on a guy and used racial epithets inside businesses. Really those losers aren't worth it and the possible arrest. the hardest thing to do is just not give a #### how they are acting

4. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    I’d want to smack my carrier as well if they I was early or on time but spent so much time SAFELY getting into customer and they put late on my delivery lol

Rideandrepair and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  5. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    I'am pretty fortunate the people I deal with when loading or unloading are all good people and easy to get along with ..
    I'am simply saying that I don't take kindly to being called a stupid truck driver ... I have no problem ringing some tard's bell that thinks their better than me ... I have a very short fuse

6. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    Please tell me you told him kiss my arse when you left ??

Rideandrepair and Last Call Thank this.
  7. tiddlytanker

tiddlytanker Light Load Member

May 4, 2017
    Minot, ND
    I've been thinking about wearing a body cam for every interaction.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  8. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Tell him to go F himself, call company/broker, take photos and refuse to deliver.
    Make them bring a small truck to offload to, i don’t put up with people going ballistic on me, i don’t react well.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.