Rand McNally ELD-50 - Are we the only ones having issues?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by ohiouser, Dec 29, 2017.

Is the Rand McNally ELD-50 and android app working for you?

1. Yes

3.6%
  2. no

67.9%
  3. sometimes

28.6%
  1. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    When will be this version available?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
  4. WIREUPS

WIREUPS Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2018

5. WIREUPS

WIREUPS Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2018
    That's great sir, I'm a project manager for a small Logistics operation and I don't have all day long to be playing on the forums... I was stating my opinion along with we are changing over to Qualcomm next week a managed Eld that is proven to work... when I spend money I expect something in return all I have is violation after violation after violation due to poor software.. I'm wondering if I show this to LEO.. IF. THEY WILL GRANT US IMMUNITY.. now we both know the answer that question... got a little story to tell I've got a Ford pickup truck sitting in my driveway that needs an engine Ford Motor Company should have been made to fix the engineering problem in the particular engine but they weren't... just like Rand McNally will never be made to refund anybody's money that they've stolen with the promise of having a legal working electronic logging device and the best I can tell everybody is having issues with it..

mitmaks and Makeajump Thank this.
  6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I do not Play on the Forums. I have been here since 2009 helping customers.

If the ELD Manufacture is having issues you can be granted a 30 day exemption. Others have done so, and then just run paper logs.

I have posted time and time again that the issue was not known until it was released. Rand Has been working long hours to find the cause and resolve it. A version to correct this will not be released till we are confident that it will resolve the issue and not introduce any more issues.

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Look on the bright side,,,
    at least he found his caps lock button!

We're making technical progress.

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  8. WIREUPS

WIREUPS Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2018
    30 DAY EXEMPTION?...THE 18TH OF JANUARY IS WHEN???? LOL..DONT LIKE CAPS? ... IDGAF!!!!

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Still it is on the Manufacture side.. The events and the E-Mail logs to the LEO reflect right...

We could discuss this all day... but I am tied up on other issues..

bottom line is.. Rand is testing a version that should be released soon.

10. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Mark no offense but you've been saying "Rand is testing version and should be released soon"
    You have been saying this for weeks now and no resolution so far.
    I've told my boss to order a different brand Elog for my truck cause I can't drive with RM working or not working depending on a day and I can't wait for RM to test their version. They put product on shelf they should have working product. You don't offer 1/2 done product to customers.

Imadebail and WIREUPS Thank this.
  11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Really?? How about 1/2 a week. test version did not get pushed till last Sat... so where do you come up with weeks? 4.6.1 has not been out that long. I did mention when 4.6.1 was released and the issue popped up, that I did mention... nothing about testing 4.6.1...

As prior statements many many times,,, this issue was found after release. It did not show up in 4.6.1 testing... as with any manufacture you cannot test to every criteria as in truck or devices. Too many.

So what done is done.. 4.6.1 has an bug if you wish to call it that... I don't like repeating myself over and over everyday... a version is in testing since Sat, that is 4.5 days ago... when it is released I will let you know..

Thanks,
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.