Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Maybe people don’t realize, but I wanted him to stop. Trailers can encroach the side wall slightly.

misterG and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I’ve already became deaf to that stupid thing. I’m too used to checking mirrors to trust that contraption.

4. jgarciajr40

Jun 18, 2016
    Well, camera never got anything.

Cardfan89 Thanks this.
  5. jgarciajr40

Jun 18, 2016
    You know what annoys me about P+D?

when your boss throws random deliveries on the truck because you’ll finish early, but they don’t make appointments or call the customer to verify the address.

I have two pallets incomplete address, and the terminal put me on hold for like 5mins. I’m just bring it back; was trying to see if the original BOL had the correct direction north or south.

misterG and Gearjammin' Penguin Thank this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    It isn’t bad enough having it in your way all day while delivering, but then having to move it while you’re picking up, only to get 20 miles away on your way home and then want you to turn around and go back.

misterG and Gearjammin' Penguin Thank this.
  7. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Usually I would bring them back and depending how sour my mood was, I would also tell dispatch I can't work around it and come back early ...if anything, just to teach them a lesson not to screw me like that.

But I had two deliveries in the past that were waaay out in the middle of nowhere and/or on a short trailer. So even though I don't know where I am exactly going, I sure know how far out I have to go again tomorrow if I don't get it off. Worst of all, they may just send me out again in a 53 foot trailer and I'll be breaking things down cause I didn't get a liftgate that day.

Usually the shipping papers have everything that is not on the DR. I've also played phone tag with the shippers to get a good contact with the intended receiver.

misterG, dwells40, Digman943 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. jgarciajr40

Jun 18, 2016
    My problem is the city and rural area I service if you put NE instead of NW that can be a difference of an hour lmao.

misterG and Digman943 Thank this.
  9. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Had to deliver a sofa in a box today at a realtors office in a very busy strip mall. Boy I pissed a lot of people off lol. 48’ trailer with the lift gate down in the parking lot. Had about 6 cars blocked in. No dock at the realtor. I dropped it in front of her door and said this isn’t gonna fit and went to secure my pallet jack. I couldn’t be a jerk so I asked her if she had anyone around to help me flip the box and carry it into the door. So she got some guy to help me get it in the door. I couldn’t see that far into my trailer before I left so I was ticked off when I started getting freight off and saw a dang sofa. End of rant. You all have a nice weekend!

Speed_Drums, misterG, dwells40 and 4 others Thank this.
  10. Lumper Humper

Lumper Humper Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2018
    Colorado Springs, CO
    It gives me a mini heart attack and a confused feeling every once in a blue moon lol

11. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Did me a nice meet and turn today. IF I had enough seniority, I would definitely love being able to do a day time linehaul from Fargo to Belfield and back.

Unfortunately it’s a senior driver run for us.

I haven’t gone thru the training for triples yet, that’s coming soon from what I understand. Any help with that? Is basically the same as pulling doubles?

I’m a P&D driver right now, can’t work nights because I can’t sleep at all during the day, otherwise I’d be on the Fargo-Minneapolis night line haul.

Attached Files:

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.