Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The big issue with airports is the foreign objects you track in like rocks in or between your tires getting sucked up into the engines.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    We used to have to do a FOD walk (foreign object damage) before we were allowed anywhere near a flight line when I was in the Air Force.

No hats allowed, and everyone had a screwdriver to dig out rocks out of the tire threads.

misterG and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    had to do some deliveries at the AFA and an AFB lately and went in to get assignment and the dispatcher is like, this is going to the AFA/AFB (whichever) they are going to run your license and you need to be clean. Are you clean? are you ok to go?

yes yes

clearly they have run into problems with this before. cuz they had other work if you were going to have issues.

misterG and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  5. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    I knew a guy who went to our afb with a suspended license for dwi... yeah... so i picked up a truck that day. The armed guard at the shack said let me see your license. I said ok here. He took it, looked right at me and said, im gonna run this, if its not clean your gonna be just like him (in cuffs) are we good?

I Said yup.

Obviously no problems but they don't play around

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    nope
    i knew i was good
    but i thought it was interesting that dispatch wasn't playing either.

they clearly didn't want to mess it up.

7. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    The spotter has been taking my assigned truck for past 2 days. He already broke the glad hand holder on back of the truck and service lines are hanging super low now. I'm afraid he is gonna mess up the fifth wheel next.

I already spoke to the terminal manager about it once. He is usually gone by the time I get there... I might just ask for new truck.

/ rant over.

8. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    I just keep my truck locked. The guys who are too lazy to find their assigned truck are usually also too lazy to find a spare key and just move on to the next easiest target.

speedyk Thanks this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Me too.

Usually the class of people who would steal my CB out of it are too stupid to know they’re all keyed alike.

Although this being a Peterbilt, that isn’t the easy task it once was. :confused:

Coover Thanks this.
  10. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    So my neighbor hasn't been mowing his lawn, or taking care of his house. So joking to my other neighbor I was like yeah he's ruining our property value. I mowed his lawn and my neighbor pressure washed the front of his house.

I wish I could see his face when we got/gets home.

062 and The Shadow Thank this.
  11. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    You and your neighbor want to make a road trip?

jmz and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.