Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Since Arizona is a different area than California when I go home I go from socal to home in Bullhead. Then I get planned out of Phoenix 90% of the time, so I get deadhead from so cal to Phoenix. Covers about 70% of my deadhead.

MachoCyclone Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    I spearheaded 264 miles home there were 24 trucks sitting in so cal so I went home. Then they send me load pickup in so cal. So I deadhead back to so cal the 264 miles.

MachoCyclone Thanks this.
  4. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Ouuuch

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Usually the empty miles of your next load is calculated from where you got empty at to where you are loading at. Like, I got empty in Oakland CA, went home to Stockton CA 90 miles but my next load was in Salinas Ca so they paid me empty miles from Oakland to Salinas only. Had to eat 180 some miles on that.\

Just reminded me, when I was at another company, i deadheaded home to Stockton from SoCal, dragged their empty trailer with me and dropped it at the yard shop to get its inspection done, so they paid me emtpy miles for that. I did not have home time planned nor did I tell them I was doing it, I just did it overnight before they could catch me i the system.

6. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion

7. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Eating miles for hometime is just the nature of the beast for us as lease operators. Some luck out others eat a bunch.

I use to eat right at 200 miles before I moved to Orlando area. I lived 101-miles from Lake Wales & 103 from Umatilla. Now it's only 27 miles to drop yard.

When you empty out (POINT A) and they ask you to take a trailer to a customer or drop yard (POINT B) then you come out of hometime to next pick up (POINT C), you're paid empty miles should be: POINT A - POINT B - POINT C.
    Now the load assignment may not show that (sometimes it does) so be sure to ask your DM the route line for your empty miles to make sure you don't miss out.

If you take the trailer home, you're SOL.

crxdc and MachoCyclone Thank this.
  8. dhkwanderer

dhkwanderer Gone, but never forgotten.

Jun 7, 2015
    Rogers, AR
    Or, you could move to Rogers and be 1.5 miles from Tyson :)

9. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    See its different for me. I was advised to take the trailer home since I deliver in one planning area but live in another planning area. Increases the odds of getting planned out of my area instead of bobtailing back to Cali. That and it doesent add trailers to the pool there while taking from my planning area. So far its been working alright.

10. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    I usually drop the trailer in DFW (yard or Taylor's Farms) or drop it at the Houston drop yard. I get all the empty miles to go back and get it. Very rarely do I take a trailer home any more. But I usually go home for 7 days.

On another note.....this is some pretty awesome glass cleaner. I use a terry cloth to clean the windows. Makes it look like there is no window there at all.
    IMG_0066.JPG

11. nochin

nochin Medium Load Member

May 4, 2014
    Danville, Va
    Is it the foaming stuff? I use a different brand but foaming glass cleaner works way way better than windex

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.