Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Same here lol. I delivered a load 30 miles from home Christmas Eve and had 3 some odd hours remaining on my 14. Preplan comes in, washout and top off reefer, go 125 miles for a drop hook. If I had known about the $1000 bucks to stay away from home I would have turned that load down and picked up a quick grand.

Treputt and CannonballAA Thank this.
  4. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Since I'm bored...

Which means he's still making more than a dollar a mile. Math you can't understand, doesn't mean it's not valid math.

What does it matter what the company makes? I mean you realize that companies have a lot more expenses than a driver, right? Where do you think a trucking company gets revenue to pay for its overhead? For the salaries of the office employees? For the kegs at the weekly office parties? Quick hint: It's from the revenue generated by the drivers.

Well luckily I'm one of the blessed truck drivers out there, and I can read. Although I did have a gun to my head, and was forced to read my contract QUICKLY....but I still had an opportunity to read it, and ask questions to my captors about the lease I was signing. So although I don't think in my case I was/am being screwed, I can see how one might infer that being forced into a lease purchase by gunpoint might appear that way.

What's this HOPE you speak of? You mean like you hope it don't rain on Sunday? Or you hope that you win the lottery? Or you hope your young son returns unblemished from a solo visit with a Catholic Priest? See at JCT, if you complete the lease, the truck is yours. No hoping involved! It's really amazing in it's simplicity.

Incorrect. We get paid. In real money no less. And with that real money, I go out and buy my health insurance. So with JCT's help in making sure I get paid, they in fact help me buy insurance. They also help me buy Twinkies and liquor, just not when I'm working..

I hope I've cleared some things up for you. Feel free to reply incoherently and in another run-on sentence again, and I'm sure more answers can be found!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  5. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    tenor.gif

JTT and Treputt Thank this.
  6. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    $2.679 for B5 at the Valero in Avondale, Az. Can use card at pump. Across from the Pilot. $2.849 (w/ JCT discount) at the Pilot.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Treputt and Kamkor Thank this.
  7. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Btw..this Valero I've used in the past is usually also the same price as the one in avondale too btw.. Screenshot_20171231-074815.jpg

MachoCyclone Thanks this.
  8. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Screenshot_20171231-072057.png

That one is running extra cheap today... I'm up in the land of 3.00 in Idaho jealous...

9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    This guy who runs this valero usually is the cheapest around...I've used him several times in the past

Kamkor Thanks this.
  10. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Yeah my usual go to is QuikTrip in that area. I always thought that price was just a fluke or not for us big trucks.

11. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Same here. Which is why I didn't go there. Now I know for next time.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Kamkor Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.