Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. ccolvin87

ccolvin87 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Roland, OK
    Got my truck. 2017 Cascadia. L3547B. Almost done with orientation as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    More than likely..he'll be last too..deliberately now for whining..lol

Jarhed1964 and MachoCyclone Thank this.
  4. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    I’m sure they just extended their delay by about 100%. Being polite and having a smile on your face goes a long way and would have probably lessen their delay.

Jarhed1964 and MachoCyclone Thank this.
  5. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    I agree with you for the most part however I've been pretty aggressive and finding low pricing. I usually float about 25 to 30 cents a gallon under US average.

And a couple of the fuel stops I recently used when I had the rep check against their fuel discount I was actually lower by a couple of cents. So I'm not expecting a drastic change. I just think it's going to open my fueling options up if they're all within a couple of cents of each other instead of hitting the lowest in the area.

Plus with the TA Petro doing that new rewards program thing if I can hit at least 1,500 gal of their fuel a month I can give free parking and free meals + 3 points a gallon. Better then it was and much better than my independent fueling getting no benefits.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  6. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    I know we get anywhere from $0.25 - $0.50/ gallon discount (currently $0.31) and NASTC was always cheaper. Maybe the discounts are more prevalent in the east???

I dunno cuz I tore out pages in my atlas and programmed my GPS to stop at I-35W. The west doesn't exist anymore.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  7. daant1

daant1 Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2018
    San Antonio, Texas
    I am looking to get away from the JCT fuel card and do Nastc or is there a better one out there?

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  8. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    NASTC is probably the best one out there.

9. daant1

daant1 Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2018
    San Antonio, Texas
    I am looking to goto nastc and get off JCT fuel card... do we have to pay our own fuel tax if we do? I did with Pam Transport and save even more money I got back a rebate of 2000.00 last year by keeping track of my fuel tax and paying myself

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  10. Steel Tiger

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Any fuel you purchase other than with JCT's fuel card, including cash, has to have a receipt turned in.
    It's been a couple of years since I was at JCT, but you may want to double check with the fuel desk.
    One of JCT's perks is that they pay IFTA. That said, you won't be liable for the fuel tax. They may not like having to manually enter those transactions but, oh well. NASTC provides a monthly statement that may make it easier to handle reporting, but again, get with the fuel desk. Not sure who is doing it these days, but if you get resistance, go over their head.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    You have a right to buy your fuel anywhere and any way you choose. Under the current contract, JCT covers the IFTA taxes but they will not know what to pay unless you turn in your fuel purchase receipts (other than using the JCT EFS card, that is). In other words, no if you buy your fuel some alternate method, JCT will still pay the IFTA.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.