Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Instead of the Bud-Dummer load to OR, they put me on a Monday live load out of a cold storage in Tracy going to Wally in Casa Grande AZ for Wed. The shipper is more like the stereotypical cold storage of yesteryear. 9 am appointment, backed in front of the dock with doors closed and waited...and waited....and waited. At first, I wondered why keep the doors closed until they told you to open them, but after 5.5 hrs sitting there waiting, I see why. It's a -10 load, and there is no way it would hold the precooled temp with the doors open for as long as they make you wait. Google maps reviews have some people waiting 8-12 hours here. I guess you can't win them all, for the most part, most of Shaffer's customers have been fairly efficient getting live loads knocked out. These once in a while long load times are few and far between. Still sucks, but at least I have had my bad customer for this month.

Managed over 12,500 in March. My average monthly paid miles are just over 11k for the year...so, like I said before, if they could get this equipment issue resolved, I would be content here. Not quite up to happy camper status...just content status.

JoeyJunk, Farmerbob1, dwells40 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    [​IMG]

4. Jamestuc80

Jamestuc80 Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2020
    That’s why I love where I’m at they basically leave us alone lol

5. keebler13579

keebler13579 Heavy Load Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Doesnt shaffer pay detention?

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Yep, or as a former Magnum driver use to call it...steak money. However, the delay put me behind so I didn't make it thru LA before running short on time. So, now I am taking a break at the Petro north of the Grapevine instead of somewhere east of the city.

7. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    I can see that you are a little stuck by this. You want a manual transmission, but they are few and far between at Crete now. Otherwise you might be able to get the truck swapped out because it is having opti-idle issues and probably has a problem with batteries.

I'm not sure, but I think that the trainers still get manual transmission trucks. If so, you might be able to get on a list for a different manual transmission truck.

EDIT: Have you had any issues at all with getting the truck to start? When I had opti-idle starting issues, it was a starter going bad.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    No problems starting, I think it's just a software thing. In the latest message on 'tips to reduce idling' it mentioned that our opti-idle is set to only run for 10 hours, and it's best to restart the opti-idle (which resets it's clock) before going to sleep if that 10th hour is during your sleep time. However, the problem I am having is at the beginning of my break, so I chalk it up to it being a Junk-liner Crapcadia. I still feel they are the worst truck on the road, and couldn't care less if I ever sat behind the wheel of another for the rest of my driving career.

Farmerbob1 and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Go next door and try a burger at The Habit.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  10. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Some more screwed up logic from Deland. #####in about idle time. They say, shut off the truck and not use opti-idle when not in it, but then say...pre-cool it before turning it back on once you return...how? It shuts off in 3 min...that is insufficient time to cool down a truck that has been sitting in the heat w/o a/c. Turn off the inverter when not in use, but use a 12v fan...excuse me, an inverter in standby uses way less than 1 amp/hr...even a small 12v fan uses way more. I gave him 3 options...get authorization to fix this truck outside the company shops since they are nothing but parts changers, not diagnostic geniuses...if the company insists we use a company shop, assign me to another truck that doesn't have problems like this (he said my idle % was fine before I was issued this truck), then the shop can take their sweet tjme to figure out this problem...or I can find a company that appreciates and respects a driver who can safely deliver 130k+ paid miles a year in a better equipped truck, and he can message the next poor schmuck every week that gets assigned to this POS...his choice.

11. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    So the peckerhead states the obvious but doesn’t comprehend what he said. That’s some high level stupid right there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.