Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Thought about you this morning ssb. Passed a white Crete Mack pulling a Shaffer trailer. Hmmmm

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    When I stopped by Lincoln to pick up my new insurance paperwork on my way to Chicago the other day, there is a newer model dark colored Cascadia with a company truck number in the windshield (no decals) so I don't know if it's one of the traded Patriot fleet after they stipped the military truckwrap, or if it's a new one waiting on the truckwrap company to apply the wrap.

Jarhed1964 and Bumper Thank this.
  4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Was told to toss the meat or give it away....too bad I'm not around home. My daughters freezer would be full of brisket.

Jarhed1964, Lonesome and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Finally found someone to take this brisket off my hands. Talked to some local driver around the Love's on the southeast side of the St. Louis loop, no takers. 1 even tried to get in touch with a family member's pastor that has a soup kitchen, but nobody would answer their phone. My A/M said if he could find a load thru Lincoln, he's got a freezer and a smoker. Finally, I was gonna see if the truck wash guys wanted it before I chucked it in their dumpster. Sitting in line waiting my turn, there was a local construction guy right in front of me waiting to get his truck washed. I asked if he like brisket...his eyes lit up. Do you have a freezer...Hell yea. I have 130lbs fresh from the slaughter house and he is welcome to have as much as he wanted...he took it all. You think I handed him the winning Power Ball ticket for this week. Glad someone could use it. That's a lot of meat to feed the vultures at the dump.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Barbecue at SSB’S truck?

That might be worth a road trip. :D

7. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    I coulda tossed it is the reefer with the Plasma load I have… -35*c ….don’t tell @Frank Speak … I picked it up in Kentucky….

8. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Overages are one of the perks of reefer work. At a cold storage facility in St. Louis one time one of the dock workers asked me if I wanted some popsicles. Uhhh yea duh I do. He zoomed off behind the curtain with his forklift and came back with a pallet. “Where do you want em?”. A few ice cream facilities I’ve been to have a freezer chest in the drivers lounge also for misprinted or package irregularities. That was always nice.

9. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    And, you're on your way to Arkansas with it, aren't you?!

10. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    No… New Jersey….the Land of Bloodsuckers

Jarhed1964, Speed_Drums and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I’m parked in the dock at Flowers Bakery in Jonestown NC for the night. Get to smell fresh baked bread all night.

Jarhed1964, JoeyJunk and dwells40 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.