Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Breakdown is paid by the day, unless the driver's terminal manager finds them either a loaner to drive until their truck is fixed or another truck to trade to so they can get back to work.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    dwells40 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    @supersnackbar i was going up and down Great Midwest Drive in KCMO today going to and fro from the rock quarry on HWY 210 to avoid the cluster that is I-435 construction and went by the Crete shop. It was loaded with trucks in every bay. Is that an actual terminal or a drop lot/ shop?

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It's one of our terminals, with one of the newer shops.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  5. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I think the tow company needs a bigger truck....who does he think he is Jammie Davis?

Bumper and iraqralph43 Thank this.
  7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, my pregnant trailer delivered without any complications, however, the fuel solution almost bit me. When I left Grand Junction this morning, I had 3/8 of a tank (260 miles). But after all the draggin arse up those big hills, I was under an 1/8 at the first chain/brake check after clearing Ike. I had to call Deland and get authorization to put 60 gallons on at Wheat Ridge(it was too low for me to get one off the Peoplenet). Now I pick up in Denver headed to Oregon for Saturday...another dry load, and my fuel solution for the Oregon load was the T/A in Commerce City where I was only supposed to get 74 gallons, and it took it all. Crete must still be overbooked and we are picking up the extra...or else they have some fruit for me to pu out of the Yakima area and needed a load to get me out there with. The only issue with this load is the shippers location. It's right next to the old I-70 overpass that they're tearing down and all the streets that Google Maps and my Nag-a-gator showed having access are closed or torn down. Although, the lady at the shipper I checked in with had a cool attitude. After I found a way in and backed up out of the street into what's left of their staging area. I asked if where I was sitting was out of the way enough for all the dump buckets to get by...she said if they don't like it, screw 'em, they've already screwed up enough of our lot, we aren't giving up any more.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  8. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    I like that, a woman with an attitude and big balls.

wulfman75 and Bumper Thank this.
  9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, it finally happened...they turned on my Drivewyze to full bypass mode...got a message while I was getting loaded this afternoon. They said, to activate it I had to sign out, then sign back in. It took 3 tries and a lot of insulting name calling (me calling the stupid box various 4 letter names, not me calling Lincoln anything more than I already do)...it kept locking up before it got my logs synced and I would have to use the reset button on the back. I hope it isn't a precursor of how slow and more unreliable it's gonna run now that it's fully operational or else I see paper logs in my future after I give it a knuckle sandwich adjustment.

baha and Bumper Thank this.
  10. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Didn't know Shaffer trailer .... could shape - shift ... into a Crete 20210728_172251.jpg

11. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Itsbrokeagain Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.