Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    I like reading his post because it gives his view of a company and honesty. If/when you move to a different company I wish you the best and hope you post about that one too. It seems as though Crete/Schaffer isn't going to change so I wish you the best in your search.

SSB, I had an alert that you quoted my previous post but I didn't see where. If it was deleted, I missed it. If you thought I was ribbing you, that wasn't the intent. I reread what I posted and maybe ?? it came off that way but it wasn't.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Don't tell me you've sworn off Kentuckians! Oh, the humanity!

MACK E-6 and dwells40 Thank this.
  4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Oh no, they’re still the best!

Speed_Drums, Lonesome and dwells40 Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, the alternate warehouse normally isn't open on the weekend, but a couple of the plant employees were doing shuttle runs between the warehouse and the plant (they didn't have a clue as to why the plant would tell me to bring this load down there today knowing it was closed). They were kind enough to unload me after lunch, so now I am at a washout before going back to Sikeston to pick up going to IA for tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    Ralph4159, Lonesome, 48Packard and 2 others Thank this.
  6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It was the 2nd part of the reply to @MACK E-6's post. I don't see the post now, but it was where you mentioned that crete probably won't change because of my thread.

Goldenfan and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. John E.

John E. Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2021
    New Brunswick
    I don't know if I could do the runs you Guys are doing every day. Don't think I would have the patience with the runarounds.
    Guess this is the reason that I couldn't possibly do your job and maybe you couldn't or wouldn't do mine. Interesting reading for me.

MACK E-6 and xlsdraw Thank this.
  8. mstrchf117

mstrchf117 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2016
    I think a lot is the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. For example, the customer changes their hours, but doesn't bother updating the truck company. Had a delivery south of Chicago summer after covid got going, appt was like all day Saturday and Sunday, then was supposed to go home. Got there Saturday evening, everything was closed. Called ops, told they should be open, well was sitting looking at a locked gate, and no one in the guard house. Tried again Sunday, still nothing. Finally get in Monday morning, and talk to the guard, he says yeah they close like 3pm Saturday til 5am Monda, no longer 24hrs. No one bothered passing that on. I have a friend that works in a warehouse and he constantly complains about upper management screwing things up. Deciding to change the system right before a big order, stuff like that. Frankly, I absolutely despise this whole industry, between getting f-ed because someone else f-ed up, having no life, and being on the road with a bunch of people that shouldn't be behind a grocery cart, it's not worth it.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Well, my check engine light is still on. There are fault codes on the Peoplenet, one of them is a NOX sensor controller(among many others). I opened the hood to refill my washer fluid, and I see 3 of my injectors with liquid leaking out the mounting plates, and the under side of my power steering reservoir is also wet like it's starting weep fluid. 290k miles on the clock and springing leaks.

Speed_Drums, Lonesome, John E. and 2 others Thank this.
  10. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Delivering this relay to Associated Foods in salt lake city on Wednesday. Seems to be a live unload and I hope the updated appointment time they gave me is correct. Deliver time is 2359 which makes me think it's a placeholder.

Unlike the other load I delivered this one is just 22k. Compared to the last it feels like I'm pulling nothing behind me when going up hills.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Bye bye 10 speed….

Lonesome and dwells40 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.