Snackbar's new adventure at Moore Freight Services

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jan 6, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Ok, somebody up there doesn't like me. I broke my smartphone earlier last week (my fault, nobody to blame but my temper), so, I have been making do using my old 4g enabled flip phone and my tablet, until this a.m. I keep my flip phone stuck to my dashboard with the same type heavy duty velcro that holds the ezpass or prepass transponder on, and it is usually pretty tought to remove. But, this a.m, after I made coffee, poured a fresh cup(keeping the lid off so I could add some mocha), dumped the rest of the pot into my thermos and put the pot back on the coffee maker, then took out the grounds basket, threw away the filter and grounds, and had to kinda lean over(with my hand on the dash) to tap out a few stray grounds that had escaped the filter. As I leaned back up, my hand bumped my phone and it came loose, fell down, ricocheted off the truck brake knob and *bloop* right into my full cup of steaming hot coffee. And as I looked in to see if it really did fall in, or just bounce off it...I saw bubbles like my phone was drowning :eek::(. So, now I am using my backup of my backup which happens to be an unlocked Verizon phone that take the same SIM card. A few tweaks in the settings, and I am back in business except the hotspot won't work on it. But at least I got the data and phone part working. Some days you just want to lay back down and sleep until the next morning

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4mer trucker

4mer trucker Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Starting at 8pm this evening it's required to wear a Mask in any Business in Pa that's open SSB

4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I hate hauling glass...after almost 2 days waiting for my delivery appointment, I get to my customer only to find yesterday's Maverick driver still here because the crane they use to unload with died yesterday in the middle of unloading his trailer. And thd repair tech has to come in from out of state just to check to see what broke...then get parts, then fix the thing. This has truely been one of the most depressing and frustrating weeks of my career.

Dale thompson, TokyoJoe and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    They only have one machine/process to unload product? That's a pretty serious workflow planning flaw.

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Glass cranes are expensive and quite large. Many of the glasier customers only have 1 unload bay.

Dale thompson and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  7. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Don’t you get detention, that’s a lot of detention.

Farmerbob1 and mitrucker Thank this.
  8. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Not quite that bad, but similar story. Arrived at this facility at 08:00. It is now 13:00. They pumped some product into my tank, and have now removed it. Not sure what’s happening at the moment. Thank the good lord I’m paid hourly.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I will get 1 day layover (my appt was for 6 am today), plus detention time after 3 hours. The worst of it is payroll cuts off at 13:00 today, so I will only have 11-1200 miles for this week, and only had 1900 last week. This load's miles, layover and detention will be on next weeks work. But, they're most likely gonna send me to Spring Hill, and all this sitting is eating into my 14 so bad, I won't be there until tomorrow sometime (if I ever get out of here)

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  10. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I just got sent to an Oldcastle to load. First time I remember that happening.

When I got there I found out that they are closing down that location and moving all of the glass to a larger Oldcastle (South Chicago) and they needed outside help to move the bigger glass.

Apparently the workers there think that it's not going to be opened back up after this is all over.

Seems to me that a lot of companies are going to be using this, and the free loans from the government, to consolidate their business and get rid of a lot of employees.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  11. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    82A8B829-0D67-43CE-AD71-A4B977FDCD8B.jpeg @supersnackbar, was this a Wylie truck? It’s hard to tell the name on the truck. Happened today in Topeka.

28 and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.