Started with Gordon a few weeks back, what a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by Davezilla, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    So after being with Gordon for a little, I've found that nearly every single complaint about this company is completely justified.

You guys have seen me standing up for Werner for years, but even I cannot find something positive about this company. If they didn't have APUs, it would basically be CR England.

Nearly my entire class quit or was disqualified. I have never worked for a place that so quickly demoralized it's drivers. My roommate quit on the first day he got his truck. The person in front of my flew home on day 2. The rules and over complication are just absurd.

First off, they have the most overly complicated Qualcom macros I've ever seen. It makes Werner and Hunt macros look like works of art. It takes 3 macros just to get out of a shipper, and you have to enter company trip numbers just to send an ETA update. The mount of paperwork is absolutely astonishing, and nothing is automated.

There are three macros, two inspections, and a load tab to fill out JUST TO GET LOADED. Its just an infuriating amount of Qualcom work to keep track of. Werner and Hunt have just two and you are rolling.

Hunt and Werner had about a third the Qualcom work, and those were much easier to fill out. I cannot overstate how immensely irritating this company has made the Qualcom.

They have no idea how to run loads. It's just constant chaos compared to the other companies I've seen. Lots of waiting and changing info, Then they want you to constantly fill out overly complicated macros to keep them up to date.

Even minor things like updating them on ETA or a traffic jam require you to break out your notebook and enter the trip number. It's asinine.

Ive been getting extremely short runs, often back to back live loads/unloads. I only had 2 hours left on my clock yesterday and made $70. Not even minimum wage. About $6.25 an hour.

Then they left me in a major city with no load to get out.

As someone else already pointed out, The heartland terminals can not work on trucks but CAN STILL RED FLAG THEM, so it took me two days to get a pair of slack adjusters replaced. They sent a repair truck, but the mechanic left while heartland and Gordon were bickering over who should repair me.

And did I mention they held my first two weeks pay for a minor paperwork problem on my trip sheets THAT DOES NOT EVEN NEED TO BE INCLUDED for Werner or Hunt?

And they told me this after leaving me in Chicago searching for parking all night because I had no load to get out of town.

They are simply not competitive in any way. Short runs, low pay, a ton of wasted time, and extremely over complicated rules.

I would rate them a 1 out of 5, only because they have APUs. They are otherwise the most irritating company I have worked for in my life.

When I started at Werner and Hunt, I had none of these problems.

Any effort the office employees put in to be nice is completely lost because the rules and procedures are absolutely absurd.

I've never yelled at an office worker before, but the sheer ignorance of the procedures and rules makes me want to scream at these people on nearly a daily basis.

There is nothing Gordon has that you cannot get at other companies. There is simply no reason to even bother with Gordon. Every company I have worked for has had higher pay, longer runs, faster equipment, and far less Qualcom work.

I thought the posts in this forum must be joking. They are not. This company has serious issues with common sense.

Avoid Avoid Avoid

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Davezilla

May 19, 2009
    Oh, and their routing is by text, and is horrendous. They tried to route me 100 miles on Mississippi back roads when US-45 is shorter and safer.

These are routes even google maps won't send a car.

There is another complaint about this on someone else's thread. It's generally true.

4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Why go from Werner, Hunt and now Gordon? Why didn't you try your third shot at a company that isn't considered a Mega? Just curious??

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  5. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    That sucks, which company is next on the list? Hopefully ya not stuck there for any reason...

6. Davezilla

May 19, 2009
    Unfortunately Inthought it's smaller size would be enough. Less than a tenth the others.

The office workers and mechanics are nice, but company policy is either super strict or completely ineffective. Seemingly nothing in between.

They have some great employees in the Indy and Pontoon Beach locations, but tue company throws out any good will with procedures that make drivers want to pull their hair out.

7. Davezilla

May 19, 2009
    I actually loved teaming and it payed well, so that's my main goal. Gordon won't pair teams, because they consider it like "dating".

Errrr...okay.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  8. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Yup when I hear people bragging about Blue bird I just bite my lip!
    Find yourself a nice outfit with 200 or less trucks and put this crap behind you friend!

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    How about Holland Enterprises Inc...?

10. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    LOL
    Don't feel bad.
    I got hired there right out of trucking school back in 2003 and it was just as bad.
    The over compliance was insane.
    But they didn't mind running me and my trainer as a team when I was fresh from school.
    I asked what exactly are you teaching me when your sleeping? HAHA He didnt like that.
    I absolutely hated that place after that day. I quit after 2 weeks. We pulled in to a truck stop by my house and I packed my bags while I was supposed to be sleeping. he pulled in for fuel I opened the door and said fug yourself and wouldnt wanna be ya. He screamed for me to get in the truck like I was some kid LOL and said if I don't get back in I will never be allowed to drive a truck again. And my cdl will be revoked for abandonment of equipment.
    HAHA
    I sht you not. I just laughed at him and told himt o #### and get back in his truck before he as a heart attack.
    He stormed off like a child.
    I got a call the next day from Corp and told them to fug off.
    Never heard form them again.
    This is were I became so disenchanted with mega carriers that they make me vomit.

I own my own truck today, have had my own authority, worked some of the hardest jobs int he oil fields and made more money in one year doing that then I would of made in 3 as a company man for gti. I have no regrets leaving that dump.

From that day on, I refused to work for any mega carrier and rip their recruiters when they call me. They constantly hang up on me after they call. Always makes me laugh after I do math for them and ask them if they would work for those wages. Then I explain to them wtf did you call me asking me to work for peanuts.

I think some recruiter makes it mandatory for the new guys to call me lololol
    Must be hazing the new guy.

Like I said, dont feel bad. Move on and get some were else that makes you happy. Life is short.

nordrunner Thanks this.
  11. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    If you like teaming - get your hazmat and doubles and go to ODFL. I quit after 7 years. but keep in touch with a buddy there. They just got a pay raise to over 70 cpm. 3000 miles times 70cpm . . . $2100 gross . . . each . . . Why even bother with the OTR if it's been a bad experience so far.

LOL Dating. !

Davezilla Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.