Suicide by Truck Averted as best I could

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by scottied67, Nov 23, 2021.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I wanted to share some extra information with all of you. The load I was hauling, if you are familiar with large rolls of paper, they normally place 3 or 4 up front in the trailer then another 3-4 or so toward the rear of the trailer on anti skid sort of tar paper. They will slide with enough braking power, it is just a matter of physics. Generally, if you drive safely you arrive safely. But when she jumped in front of me, I just reacted. I didn't realize it but I slammed on the brakes and steered away but, reviewing the video, she didn't give me much time/space to avoid her. I could only do the best I could do. The next morning when I was heading out to make my deliver Thanksgiving Eve, is when I saw my tractor suspension gauge was all the way up to around 80psi. All those rolls slid forward. What messes me up is knowing if I had steered 1 degree more away from her, there was a chance of flipping the whole truck over. Truckers have a 6th sense of the limits of your equipment. In the end, proper training saved the woman, saved innocent traffic next to me and saved the rig and saved the load.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Don't beat yourself up about this. If she survived with just a broken arm and some recoverable injuries, it was your experience and professionalism that saved her life. Not sure if you're in any way religious, but look at this from a religious perspective...God used you to save her from killing herself this time, so now she can get the mental health help that might just keep her from trying again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.