Sysco offering $10k bonus

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Waterman_99, Nov 28, 2021.

1. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    how does shamrock foods compare to other food service companies like sysco?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Touch Freight Freddy

Touch Freight Freddy Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2021
    Gee whiz am I being gipped.

My sign-on bonus was a dollar an hour pay drop from my previous job for the first three months and a promise they'd loan a truck for my CDL test.

Hand truck? When there's stairs involved (almost every day) I have to be a man-truck.

I got the CDL and all, so that alone was worth it. Still hopeful this job pays off, if not one of these LTL or delivery companies will be getting a call from me.

Waterman_99, Dave_in_AZ and jmz Thank this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Waterman_99

Waterman_99 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    I couldnt tell you for sure since I've never done food delivery. But from experience working in trucking and doinf beverage and ltl, the only real difference w these companies is what they pay, and what kind of benefits and retirement they offer. The work is all the same pretty much no matter what company you work for. And you're gonna deal with bull no matter where you go.

6. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I will say they have a very strange hiring system. Keep getting calls from a third party hiring company out of Chicago. They call and leave a message that is in such a hard accent, you barely understand what they are saying. Then when I call back it rings twice and goes straight to voicemail. One phone call, all they told me was pay rate, possible start time, and that was it. Would call again to set up interview. It’s almost too strange.

John Joel Glanton Thanks this.
  7. John Joel Glanton

John Joel Glanton Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2021
    Texas
    Are you talking about Sysco or UPS?

I did the back and forth thing with UPS recently. Filled out the app online and got 2 emails and 3 text messages about a "virtual interview" for 10am the next day. Nobody called me at 10am. I called them and reached some Indian lady who told me to wait for a call. Days later I got another flurry of emails and texts saying I missed my interview so call a recruiter to schedule an "orientation." Called them (India call center it sounds like) and they took all my info again... even though I filled out an app... and then they said someone from recruiting would call me back... I said well who are YOU???

I really don't like the phone games and it makes me want to say screw them I don't care how well they pay.

8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Sysco. I don’t know anything about UPS

9. leviant0107

leviant0107 Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    Detroit, MI
    Did the dance with Sysco on the phones, did the job for 3 weeks…I haul fuel now.

Same money nowhere near the same work ‍♂️

Switcher Thanks this.
  10. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada
    At least most places, don't just give a new employee the bonus money. They slowly give it out, a little bit in each paycheck, over a long period of time.

John Joel Glanton Thanks this.
  11. leviant0107

leviant0107 Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    Detroit, MI
    3, 6 and a year with Sysco

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  12. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    well, I mean yea…

people would work one paycheck and leave

13. merv85

merv85 Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2020
    Dallas, Tx
    Does your Product/stuff ever get stolen? since most of the time trucks are parked in open.
    How do you deal with that?

• Truckers Report Jobs