T-Mobile 2019 and trucking? Hows the service?

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by Onadetour, May 4, 2019.

1. Onadetour

Onadetour Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
    Really tempted by the T-Mobile $70 55 plus plan.
    I’m 48 state otr currently on att. Any recent T-Mobile users care to offer a review?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 12 ga

12 ga THE VIEW FROM MY OFFICE

Oct 21, 2013
    Central Michigan
    Had Verizon went to T Mobile. After 3 weeks went back to Verizon. More expensive but way better coverage. T Mobile very spotty.

4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I had that T Mobile plan too but when I moved to Northern Nevada their coverage went out the window so now I have Verizon. More money but much better coverage.

Onadetour Thanks this.
  5. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    I've had T-mobile for years. Yes, coverage outside of major cities has been spotty - BUT - unlike the other carriers who spend a lot on commercials talking about network improvements (AT&T's fake 5G LOL!!!) TMO has been busy buying spectrum and building up their network to improve their coverage.

The problem is they bought the spectrum they needed last year, so unless you have a brand new phone that can use Band 71 you won't be able to use the upgraded network and your coverage will suck. I now get excellent coverage everywhere on I-80 with my new iPad Pro, but my two-year old LG phone was a paperweight outside of Lincoln, NE. Upgraded my phone and solved the problem.

6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I bought a cheap 4g flip phone from TMO solely for unlimited talk/text anywhere in North America. That way I have communications when I go to Canada. I have the "grandfathered" unlimited data plan on my Verizon phone, but it doesn't include Canadian providers, but I mostly use my Verizon phone as a hotspot so I can tether it to my blueray and watch Netflix during my down time. I have forwarded my Verizon number to my TMO flip and I have very little problems staying connected with TMO...in fact, I bought a 8" tablet thru TMO with an unlimited data plan (but can only hotspot 25gig) . I was down in Laredo last week and the Verizon data was slow as crap. My Netflix kept buffering, so I hotspotted my TMO tablet to my blueray instead and it played just fine. At home, we don't have the greatest TMO or Verizon coverage, but even this cheapo flip phone has wifi calling, so I bounce my calls off my wireless router.

Onadetour Thanks this.
  7. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I love my t-mobile 55+ plan. I pay an extra $25 a month for Truely unlimited 4g no throttle. Downside only 2 phones allowed on acct and coverage west of Rockies is spotty. Since I drive all east of Rockies I only get a few non areas in rural Oklahoma some odd spots in southern Ohio and the Beckley west Virginia rest stop. Great coverage elsewhere even when you might not expect it.

Onadetour Thanks this.
  8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I have verizon for personal phone snd t mobile for work phone.. The only good thing a out having both is well verizon usually always has coverage but sometimes when its spotty then tmobile is better... But i got t mobile for my work phone because It never have any service so my dispatchers dont annoy me all day it works out perfectly lol

9. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Getting rid of Verizon and at&t was the best thing I ever did. I buy my phone's and tablets at Walmart for cheap and buy my service also from Walmart straight talk. Cheaper easier better.

JoeyJunk, Onadetour and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Word up homey !!!!!!
    I tell my dispatcher , my phone isn't ringing ....

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I told mine when they pay for the monthly service I will answer it when they call me at all hours....NOT.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.