The "meat and potatoes" of National Carriers.

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by flightwatch, Nov 3, 2015.

1. ilikepizza247

ilikepizza247 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2016
    I worked for them for 3 months back in 13. They told me I had to take a sleep study and gave me a 90 day medical card. I refused to spend thousands of dollars I didn’t have on a medical test I didn’t need so I did my 90 days and left. To their credit, I stayed busy most of the time. I learned very quickly that hauling meat on a regular basis was not my cup of tea. Running those loads was ok once I got used to running at night (while took quite a while) but it was the waiting around forever that I didn’t like.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coronado1785$

Coronado1785$ Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    They should walk thru fire for you.
    Kroger pays 80hr detention NCI pays you ? .
    My company for example pays additional 350 for loads that have multiple days to deliver NCI pays?
    Companies pay detention on both ends of the load does NCI

Yea they should go to bat for their drivers if they dont pay the above examples

4. ReeferRick

ReeferRick Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2018
    What kind of telematics gear do they run in the reefer? Automatic temp monitoring or do you have to manually check the reefer unit temp at each stop?

5. Swaggy G

Swaggy G Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2019
    I have to ask straight out. I committed some felonies when I was young in 1989. Lived an honorable life since then. Do they hire felons. I have nothing but burglaries and car thefts.

6. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    If you do not have violent offenses or DUI's, your chances are better. Do not be afraid to ask them. Be straightforward, hide nothing, and if they say no, then talk to the next company.

7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    You've been clean since '89? That's in your favor. Companies will notice that.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  8. Kidd05

Kidd05 Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2017
    @flightwatch, you still with National? If so how are they treating you? Was looking at going to work for them. But on the fence between them and freymiller. Worked for freymiller before, ran good, made descent miles but the pay wasn't all that great and your fuel stops were generally a loves. Hate them things. Unless you grab a shower at night, you're generally gonna wait in line. Small parking lots and locations are horrible. Nothing around them. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

9. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    No. I don't work for them anymore. But I've worked for both national and Freymiller. Both are top notch companies. I ran more beef with national of course, but wait time was minimal. National was harder to get in with, and their background check was more thorough. I really don't think you could go wrong with either company.

JForce28 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.