Werner caught hiring felons banned from driving, including a convicted kidnapper as student drivers

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Davezilla, Apr 4, 2018.

1. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Never happened. It was a fake story.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Unfortunately, it's probably true to some extent.

When I was in the California division there were multiple times that drivers were sent into LA traffic, got stuck for 4-5 hours and came back smelling like crap and headed to the showers.

They would actually send us into the city and the appointments would be wrong, so we would have to turn around and drive another few hours back through the city.

When I asked them to stop doing that, they basically lost their minds that's driver dare tell them how to do their jobs. I even volunteered to pick up the loads at night so the other drivers wouldn't have to get stuck in traffic like that. They were absolutely intensely arrogant in response.

Something is mentally wrong with a lot of the people in Omaha, and I'm not afraid to say so. There really is something incredibly wrong with those people.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i thought that Werner had a lifetime ban, on even hiring felons.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  5. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Thats his point. Trying to blame the driver for what the employer does is as nonsensical as telling someone they should fly a jet if they dont want to drive.

Its completely irrational.

6. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    What’s that got to do with it?
    There is a REASON we are stuck with these ELDs. More than one in fact.
    And incessantly whining about them isn’t going to make them go away.

Dave_in_AZ and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Something wrong at the big blue.
    Might have always been something wrong over there.

8. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    im not whining about elogs, just pointing out what idiotic nonsense they are every chance i get lol

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  9. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    he questioned why the werner driver didnt just quit as if to say we all make our choices, if we did then why isnt he riding in a private jet (not flying it) instead of driving a truck, someone who makes their own choices in life would surely not choose to sleep in a truck over riding in a private jet, if people made their own choices in life corporations wouldnt spend billions in marketing conditioning people to have the beliefs they do. i was just using the private jet as an example to make a point, a point that goes right over the minds of the brainwashed.

now maybe i dont word things right, i type as it comes to me and it doesnt always come out the way i intended, my woman has told me i need to work on my delivery when talking to people so maybe thats part of my problem lol

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  10. GypsyWanderlust

GypsyWanderlust Medium Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    There is one very big reason people become trainers at Werner. They get paid for all the miles. How you wonder do they train and make more miles? Werner runs it like a team truck except the trainer is awake at all the stops, when you are backing, in big cities and likely catching a short nap during your 3hr “observation” time so he doesn’t kill you both when it is his turn to drive. Every trainer I talked to ran on almost no sleep so the truck could run 4000+ miles a week.

And just in case your recruiter told you otherwise, you will be in that prison truck for 6 weeks so get used to sleeping on a bouncing bunk while praying your trainer doesn’t fall asleep.

You can prep for this by trying to take a nap in the front of your buddies bass boat while he drives it fast and hard across the lake.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Dave_in_AZ, truadvocate and IluvCATS Thank this.
  11. DirtyhandsMcgee

DirtyhandsMcgee Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Yesterday I saw a Werner driver stay in the right lane after about 20 signs telling all trucks to use the left lane. I was close to becoming a felon after he made it through with no ticket.

I get a ticket for having my seatbelt too loose and this dip #### is so oblivious to what is happening on the road that he's a serious danger and gets nothing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.