Worst company you ever worked for?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Upinsmoke, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Northern Nomad

Northern Nomad Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2020
    The frozen north
    I was there from about 02-05 and had a brand new Volvo 770 once my old one blew the turbo in Idaho. I was pulling reefer for them and I got more miles than I could legally drive, good ol’ paper logs. I did a lot of “creative writing” for them to make it work. The drug tests were the same in Layton, their policy was 3 randoms in the first 30 days of employment, but even after that you could count on getting one almost every time you were in the terminal.

vanishing point Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Two Crows

Two Crows Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2020
    McMinnville, OR
    Stan's Inc. Small company out of Alpena, South Dakota. Bunch of weirdos that worship their boss like he's Jesus risen again. Don't work for these people if you want to be home even once a month and expect to be paid $800 every two weeks despite their promises of .50 cpm. Small company, they know everyone by name, but only the select few get good loads. Planned my Christmas home three months in advance, when it came time to collect they called me back to the yard in the middle of nowhere and told me I didn't seem happy or I wouldn't want to go home. When they failed to persuade me not to go home they told me I was more than welcome to grab my things and leave, but the truck wasn't going anywhere and expected me to carry everything 20 miles to Huron in Two Feet of snow.

vanishing point and truckguy391 Thank this.
  4. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    #1 Virginia/Carolina Martinsville, Va Out of Business

#2 Howells Motor Freight Cloverdale, Va

#3 Thurston Motor Lines Charlotte, NC Out of Business

#4 Appalachian Freight Edinburg, Va

5. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Hear this a-lot up here in Canada, 30-40 year old trucks, literally falling apart and covered in filth.

6. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Its a real toss up between Heyl Truck Lines (Canada Division) and Bison Transport....

Both horrible; although I learned real quick how to stand up for myself in a trucking environment, do the impossible, and fix my own truck/trailers, cause they sure as hell weren't going too. Not to mention, calling on road breakdown at either of those places, could be days before help shows up. (Then they considered it a reset, so you don't have to go home).

Yep looking back on that first 2 years, I really wonder how I made it. But being an O/O at a tier 1 reefer company now, was 100% worth it! Embrace the suck to get the experience, then give em the double birds on the way out the door.

austinmike, 650cat425 and UhOhh Thank this.
  7. UhOhh

UhOhh Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    NE
    Biggest reason I love this forum is so we can all make informed decisions about which company we choose to work for. Saved my butt a couple times now. Trucking can be a brutal industry going in blind..

8. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    I've been lucky I guess. While the first company I worked for, Ozark, wasn't great, they weren't terrible. I just can't run fedex all night and go back and forth between days and nights. After falling asleep 3 times while driving and telling them I couldn't run at night and them saying I had to even though I was so tired I was nauseated, I kicked them to the curb. And I don't regret it.

9. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Not sure how they pay, but it's probably by the case/by the mile. If you are not moving you don't get paid.

That's how they take advantage of people. You probably worked 15 hours that day (with a big chance of hurting yourself) and got paid $175 maybe $200.

10. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    They do those randoms to harass drivers. Normally after a long day you have to go and do it on your own time. That prevents you from getting rest.

If it comes down to doing a bunch of random it's probably better to move on. Do the test, request home time. Clean out your possessions and don't go back.

11. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Saladinos in the area in CA. They serviced subway and round table pizza. No lift gates 10 or so stops a day. What sucked about them was you had to stock their shelves, rotate all their product and write the delivery date on all the product. For $20 hr. In the bay area thats super cheap

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.