Wright Transportation, Mobile, Al. The home I have been looking for...

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by KD5AXG, Jul 22, 2017.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I've seen a few up MY way, the newer ones that are getting recalled for brake issues, iirc.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AUfan78

AUfan78 Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Mobile, Alabama
    I've seen a couple o/o pulling Wright trailers around town. The one I saw yesterday in tillman's corner was a 90s yellow W900. The paint had to have been original as faded as it was.

4. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    Wright has a handful of O/O's. And from what I've heard, they have been here a while.

They just bought 20 Cascadias. 10 manual and 10 automated manuals.

I just passed my first year here. That's saying something for those who know me.

Other than some minor miscommunications, I have no reason to leave. We don't get fancy, well outfitted trucks. But, they are fairly easy to work with as far as outfitting yours.

In short, this is the best company that I have ever worked for.

Peace and safe miles.

AUfan78, Vic Firth, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    The Cascadias with the Detroit have the best auto tranny in the business, IMO, from a driver standpoint.

Lonesome and KD5AXG Thank this.
  6. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    I drove a Freightliner automated manual when I started driving back in 2006 for PTL. It wasn't bad at all. Then, in 2016, when I got back into driving, I went to Abilene Motor Express and got a Kenworth T680 with the Micor automated manual. I didn't like it as much. Now, if I could have the Detroit system in the T680 glider, I would have been happy. That Micor system was too touchy for me. That being said, I had high mileage T680s. A new one may be better, but I haven't heard much good from drivers that drive them daily.

Now, one I'd LOVE to try is that new Mack Anthem. I've heard nothing but good about them.

We are planning on attending GATS in Dallas this year. We'll be sporting our Wright shirts. So, stop us and say "HI" if you see us there.

7. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    I had an older T660 with the auto and we have some newer Petes with them. I don’t like the Paccar autos much, not nearly as good as the Detroit.

All that said, I’ll take my Pete 389 10 speed over all of them. :)

KD5AXG Thanks this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    ...or a nice mug of O+?

KD5AXG and Frank Speak Thank this.
  9. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    Actually, I prefer straight from the source. }:^)>

Lonesome and KD5AXG Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The Anthem has the same mDrive my Pinnacle does, and they suck. No creep mode for reverse, can't make up it's mind when skipping gears and skips too many, then has to down shift a time or two. When taking off, too little throttle and it lugs and lags, too much throttle and it feels like it's trying to twist the truck in half. And the difference between too much and too little throttle is such a fine a line, it makes it impossible to be smooth. Give me an old fashion 13 speed manual with a clutch pedal where I can back at a constant pace and a manual where I can shift and feather the throttle when applying the throttle smoothly. Try that with an auto and it is all over the place with the gears.

KD5AXG Thanks this.
  11. KD5AXG

KD5AXG Papa Bear

Sep 3, 2006
    Commerce, Texas
    Interesting. Sad, but interesting.

I meant Paccor. I have no idea where Micor came from. I don't like Paccor either.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.