XPO Logistics acquires Con-Way!

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by double yellow, Sep 9, 2015.

1. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    @double yellow Going to be interesting to see which other Mega makes the bid and gets Truckload...

I had figured with the Wide singles, refurbishing of trailers, and keeping trucks to a high mileage than most companies that Truckload would be worth more than it paid... Apparently not...

Keeker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA

Keeker Thanks this.
  4. free spirited1

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Joe Dagnase gone at CNF eh? I liked the guy while he was at Truckload, he was one that for the most part had the driver in mind, and changes he made for the most part were good for the driver. I also liked his down sizing of management and getting more for the driver. I always thought we were management heavy everytime I went to Joplin and went into the main facility for something. I wonder where he will end up at what company? My own opinion, but from what I saw I thought he was a good choice. Especially after he went out on the road for I believe was over a week with driver Frank. Anyone else have more news that will keep us informed? Kudos to ya Double Yellow

Keeker Thanks this.
  5. Cw5110

Cw5110 Heavy Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Georgia
    I can see one company buying it that would be Prime. It wouldnt be difficult too bring all of the base plates permits and ifta since they also you MO. That and also because prime mainly a refeer company that has a small dry van unit. Would probally benefit with a bigger dry van like truckload. Or....my other opinion would be to bring back CFI or make employee owned.

6. free spirited1

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Well that forced fuel and routing cost me about 110 miles today alone. Through so many small towns one after another, speeds ranged from 20 mph to 60 mph tops, and that 60 mph was far and few between, wanted to jump up on I-80 but that aint gonna happen when your fuel stop is way south of it and a hoard of traffic lights/secondary highway/roads. Also their was 10 antique cars going to their car show at 35- 40 mph for nearly 40 miles, couldn't pass them due to oncoming traffic on 2-lane roads. I can see they did the routing so that it avoids the Illinois Tollway and Indiana Tollway and I'm not so sure I will continue to put up with their hoopla and so called cost saving playing games. I seen 70 trucks in Joplin the other week, the drivers of those trucks have turned in their keys and quit, I been told by a few reliable resources. So the routing I would normally use would make my load be like 5 hrs early. Now Im going to get like 60 miles from my destination of the receiver and going to have to do a 10 hr break,and deliver the next morning! It may be time to say, see ya later, enjoy your fuel-stop/routing software from behind those desk you bunch of fools. Needless to say Im pissed about it along with a ton of other drivers. I will say excellent way to get rid of drivers, keep bleeding drivers and the company will be out of business. On another note, they didn't listen to the drivers when they bought those tag axles(the towing was enormous not to mention other issues with them,heck they get stuck in the rain if you know what I mean), they wont listen now about fuel routing. They should just ask the drivers where they can make cuts, I'm sure we could tell them very very fast. How about the super singles, yeah yeah, suppose to last longer, better stability on corners, more mpg(I've run both types and dont see ANY greater stability on corners). Well okay at appx $1300.00 per tire, vs what two good (dulleys) standard tires cost which are a few hundred less, also when you get a flat your done-cant limp her in to much on a super, and lets see when they replace them after a nail or whatever defect-the cost vs a standard set of dulley tires, give me a break, its a salesman dream and a fluke!! Also there is depts in this company that should have been gotten rid of a long time ago, even Mr. Brad Jacobs seen that right off the bat,like the stupid Lean program, now going going gone, good, any good business person could see that was a waste, and there are several other things they hang onto that should be considered for the deletion. I am of the belief they are no longer looking out for the driver. My two cents on it all anyways. I keep meeting drivers that are really pissed off about this forced fuel and routing, and well long story short some have told me they will be turning in their keys soon.

Cw5110 Thanks this.
  7. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Joplin can burn.
    Burn it down!
    Fire em all!
    :D

paul_4lp and free spirited1 Thank this.
  8. Cw5110

Cw5110 Heavy Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Georgia

9. Cw5110

Cw5110 Heavy Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Georgia
    That fuel and route system is a joke. I dont follow. Its funny they want too be different from other mega carriers. However they are following they add this run out of fuel and get lost in the sticks program. TI just love when the front office tries too make decesions for the drivers. When they probally dont even know how too couple a truck and trailer. Let alone put it in first gear without killing the engine. Winter is approaching fast lets see how many drivers run out fuel or gel up. If im still here by may. I cant wait too see that tow bill.

free spirited1 Thanks this.
  10. free spirited1

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    I agree I foresee drivers running out of fuel this winter also, especially when your far up north and having to shutdown in some major storm, they say the software will adjust for that...lol..I will fill my tank up that be the case, don't mess with wintry mother nature. yeah I agree, if many of us are still here...lol...That deal that other carriers are following suite is an out right smoke screen, I have friends driving for other companies, and have stated they will not even consider forced fuel/routing, its a joke!

CargoWahgo and Cw5110 Thank this.
  11. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Does the card not work except at that station?

Only a real ######## would run out of fuel.

I never went under half a tank xD

Come Isaac & Sandy I was fine. Others were not.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.