Are all OTR companies this wasteful with our time?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by mateynine, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You have over a year experience; maybe time to move on.

austinmike and DTP Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mateynine

mateynine Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2018
    I am, but right now a lot of smaller outfits still won't hire me except the 1099 scammy ones. I applied to Smith Transport out of Pennsylvania and they agreed to hire me so I plan on quitting Werner next week.

Even if I have to deal with the same nonsense over there at least I get paid more and I'm allowed more home-time. I believe the company has around <6,500 less trucks than Werner so hopefully that translates to faster driver management.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Northern Gas Transport is a family owned company and a leader in the transportation of bulk petroleum products serving New York, New England and Quebec, Canada. We currently haul over 105 million gallons of petroleum products annually throughout the Northeast and Canada. Hiring area:

Primary hiring area is New England near terminals located in; Selkirk, NY, Berlin, VT, Westfield, MA, Rochester, NH, Portsmouth, NH, Auburn, ME, Southington, CT. Our home terminal for CDL Class A Drivers is in Lyndonville, VT. Trucks & trailers will be garaged and serviced at a “Safe Haven” in your geographic area.

Benefits For A CDL Class A Driver:

• Choice of 3 Health Insurance Plans.
    • Additional supplemental insurances are offered for; cancer, accident, disability, dental, and life insurance for employee and family
    • Short Term disability and $25,000 life insurance policy paid by the company

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't know much about Smith's, but from what I've read it seems like a good outfit.

6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Everything that happened to you is so common that most of the drivers don't even mention it.
    Does that make it any less aggravating? Probably not.
    Does that make it right? Definitely not.
    Companies need to be more organized and responsive to their drivers so that what happened to you doesn't happen as often as it does. Everybody knows that and everybody talks about it but nothing much ever changes.
    Don't hold your breath waiting for that magical day when everything runs smooth.

x1Heavy, bryan21384 and mateynine Thank this.
  7. bavarian

bavarian Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    Sometimes they need to be woken up. If I were a terminal with empties sitting there, after 2 hours of patience, I would tell them which trailer I took.
    We've played that game long enough. They need to know, they can't #### around with you.
    Some cal it "i-dispatch".

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Companies that pay you by the mile have little reason to NOT waste your hours.

Studebaker Hawk and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  9. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Sometimes you got to shake them up to get what you want . When they send you a bad load that waste time make them take it back. Do it like this dog did to the mailman over junk mail Screenshot_20190810-195706~2.png

10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    You ain't seen nothing yet. You've only been driving during an upswing in the economy. Wait until the recession they're predicting hits, you'll be wishing your wait times were only a few hours. In '08's recession it was days between loads, and I worked for Crete then. Sometimes they would tell you how many drivers were on the list for loads ahead of you and it would be in the hundreds.

D.Tibbitt and Studebaker Hawk Thank this.
  11. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Since your paid by the mile they don’t care about your time. Get paid by the hour see how fast they move.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.