Permit test #3

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Travis05Lock, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Travis05Lock

Travis05Lock Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Maine
    Well, today I went to take my third try for general knowledge and air brakes. Failed again.
    When I was taking the test, I was writing down the question and answers that I've got wrong. And this lady grabbed my note pad. So, that got me fired up. I did studied and studied still getting some wrong. I know some would say try this form and this app blah blah. But you have to realize that these test or whatever have 1000 questions that are randomized. I live in the state of Maine and every state is different. But after I completed and failed. I asked why did she take my note pad. She told me its called cheating. I said cheating how is that cheating? She's like I don't know call Augusta.
    So, I did and another lady told me its cheating because it's considered copy writing infringement. Ok wished someone or somebody wrote that down in the manual. But as for now, I've got to look for work, or make some extra money to try it again. Not giving up though, but will have plenty of time to study.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Well first you're wrong about every state being different. General knowledge, combination vehicles, and air brakes are the same in all states. It's the "special provisions" that is unique to the state.

Travis05Lock Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Why didn't you just take a photo with your phone?

5. Travis05Lock

Travis05Lock Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Maine
    At that point I didn't want to risk it. She was like those teachers back in junior high or high school. She did reminded me of one teacher I didn't like lol.

born&raisedintheusa and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. fishonron

fishonron Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2017
    North Central Kansas
    Don't blame the test or the gal that called you out for cheating.

Reading stuff once or twice isn't studying (for me anyway).

This site has a great practice test and I also put a cdl test app on my phone and took these practice test a hundred plus times before I took the real one.

Yes, they really want you to know this stuff.

Rollr4872 Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Swift Refrigerated website has they teach the permit test in school.
    Forgot, Swift doesn't hire out of Maine.

Travis05Lock Thanks this.
  8. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    ND takes your phone and holds it during testing.

9. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Newport, Ar
    So.
    Ask for a copy?

They may give you the copy of the test you failed

10. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    If you're serious about PASSING the test there's an app for that. I used CDL Prep, thousands of questions and correct answers. Any time you've got a few minutes to kill take a test. The app has a practice mode where it immediately tells you when you get a question wrong (and the correct answer) and a test mode where you have to wait to the end to see the ones you missed. When you can consistently score 95% or better (it'll take about a week) it's time to go to the DMV.

At my driving school I was the last one out of 30 to be seated at the DMV to take the tests. I was the first one done! I passed both tests on the first try with the high score for my class. I never read the DMV book or the book the school gave us - I drilled on the app. At least 85% of the questions and answers on the DMV test were word for word what was on the app. Good luck!

mistermoose and Just passing by Thank this.
  11. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    General knowledge, combination vehicle and airbrakes…

General knowledge, think “schoolbus”. Just about everyone has ridden a school bus to know how they operate at railroad crossings and everywhere else.

Not meaning to sound like a buster or a prick, but instead of worrying about passing a test, why not put your efforts into actually LEARNING the truck components and the rules of the road? It would serve you better and you would be able to pass any test. There should be videos on YouTube to help with a visual.

jamespmack, AModelCat and InTooDeep Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.