Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Yesterday was one wet arse day, and I thought I was gonna see a tornado form (but it didn't). Coming across the IN and OH turnpikes yesterday, there were a freight train of storms. Some of which almost rival the kind if downpours you see along the gulf coast in summer. And some of the worst wind I've seen since a Wyoming winter, especially coming down the last 40 miles of US322 just north of Harrisburg, which is where I thought I was gonna see a tornado form... truly some of the most ominous looking clouds when the storm hit the river valley. And on that one bridge over the river just south of that last little po-dunk Peelot on 322 north of I-81, I thought it was gonna blow me down. Then, I stop at the Harrisburg T/A for the night, since that's as close as I can get to my delivery in the morning. It rained so hard there, you could have almost white-water rafted across the parking lot. At least I got all the TX dust and dirt washed off the truck.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  4. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I have a new meaning for PTA....it's what I want to tell Ops every time they ignore my PTA...it'll stand for Pay 'Tention A-hole. When I accepted the preplan for today's delivery, I set my PTA for 0600 this morning. When I did my load call, same thing, put it in for 6 this a.m. I get to the delivery, drop and hook to an empty, send in my empty call...and sit. At 730 I get a message from Op's asking what my PTA is....NOW!!!!!!!! Why do I waste my time and company data setting a PTA.

I found out that my wife's BiPap is on a recall list CPAP USERS, IMPORTANT INFO

Since hers is getting old, and probably would start having issues soon, her sleep doctor recommended not repairing that one, but buy a new one instead. My wife checked, and our insurance covers it, and thanks to her prescription purchases alone, we have met our deductible for the year. So, she called the doctor, and they went thru the redtape to get the ball rolling to get a new one, minus any savings the recall on the other one can contribute. Now the problem, due to the recall and a shortage on electronic parts, she is 146th on the waiting list for a new unit...and that is just for our area, not telling how long it's gonna take...

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    “I thought we were the most valuable asset.”

The copy machine is more valuable. Lol

7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    No duh! That copier is $20,000. I can replace a driver for under $7,000.

8. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Crete might carry special insurance for environmental cleanup stuff. They are mostly self insured, but I bet they carry at least some sort of umbrella insurance. We shall see.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Not sure what is going on with Shaffer. We went from busy as hell to slow as hell lately. I got my next load, bananas out of Wilmington going to just north of Columbus for Saturday. That will be my 3rd sub-2000 mile week out of 5. I hope that the dang BiPap maker gets their stuff together. As soon as my wife takes delivery of her machine I will toss Deland the keys to this POS and get the flying fornication out of here. The miles were the only positive thing going on here since our May pay raise. Without the miles this place is the same place I left 8 or 9 years ago...maybe worse if you count the increase in micromanagement.

10. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    At least they haven't entered micro-management levels of K&B. Drivers still getting phone calls all hours even on their 10, asking them to get rolling or be ready to roll.

Jarhed1964, Farmerbob1 and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    That would happen once. After their ears stopped ringing from my explosion, they'd think twiice...of course, after the 1st time, my phone would be on 'do not disturb' permanently, unless at a customer that needed to call and dispatch wouldn't be on the 'allow' list that could get thru. And like here, my Peoplenet/Omnitracs would be powered off when on a break.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.