Terrible shippers/receivers for reefers

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Poonok, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Ive had a few places that ive had to wait a little while... But most the places we go we are in and out in under 2 hours. Folk always complain that there's alot of waiting with reefer, well that all depends on who you are hauling to and from, who brokered the load, and what agreements have been made with said broker reguarding dwell time.... I RARELY sit at a shipper or reciever for more than 2 hours.

Farmerbob1, Speed_Drums and SteveScott Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    You really want to finger print 44k of produce yourself? Ive asked a couple of times about lumping my own load and the use of a pallet jack... Have always been told that company policy won't allow the use of pallet jacks by drivers... I'll be ###### if I'm going to finger print 840 boxes.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    About half my loads are reefer and I simply don't book loads to grocery DC's. I rarely have to wait more than a couple hours.

Farmerbob1, nredfor88 and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  5. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    A lot of warehouses now won't let you unload yourself.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  6. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    Cities suck and reefer in cities is worse.

Farmerbob1, Speed_Drums and slow.rider Thank this.
  7. scoobertdoo

scoobertdoo Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2020
    That's why I 1 star them and post unload times. 11 hours is a record I don't want to break.

8. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Complaining at the shipping/receiving office is useless. Want to stir up a hornets nest? Complain to the corporate headquarters with details of the event. They have no idea what is going on out in the field.

9. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN

The corporate office doesn't care what happens in the real world. As long as their numbers crunch right.

10. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Burris logistics in McDonough GA. Very hostile attitude from receiving staff(as well as very poor English), very slow unloading.

TheLoadOut, Farmerbob1 and slow.rider Thank this.
  11. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Food Lion Salisbury, NC. Went in there with a load of Tyson fresh meat a couple of months ago. They are a complete cluster ****. They were sending out more than half the trucks that showed up with appointment times that day telling them they were overbooked and they would have to reschedule their delivery for the next day or whenever. The guardshack told me it was an every day occurrence because of the buyers sitting at home during the pandemic ordering too many trucks daily. I was "lucky" and didn't get turned away. Showed up at 06:30 for my 07:00 bumped the dock at 13:30 and left at 17:30. Yeah, **** that place! Never again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.