You Can Thank These Companies For Pushing ELDs.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by JimmyWells, Aug 13, 2016.

1. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    I was referring to on how it seems the Government and anti Trucking groups don't want us to work long hours.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    The thing that gets me is. Why should I be forced as a 1 truck operation with an excellent track record to be forced to run e logs. Clearly I'm doing something right and not racking up points. I understand if a company has a bad record then maybe force them to run e logs.

JimmyWells Thanks this.
  4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    The key phrase I said was "logging it the way FMCSA wants us to..." So how many of us for a live (un)load log a few obligatory minutes of On Duty time then change it to Sleeper while we are actually checking in the office, coming back out to open doors, slide tandems and dock the trailer, chock the tire, unhook and pull forward or even pullover to the bobtail bullpen all the while logging Sleeper?

When ELD goes U.S.A. wide live, they will tighten down the parameters so tight, just pushing in the air brakes will trip it to Drive time. So you're over in the bullpen and they tell you to get your trailer off the dock, you move back to hook back up and boom violation if your 14 had ended or certainly at least you will have lost 4-6 hours toward your 10 hour break which will become a 14-16 hour break now.

Repeat this a few times a week drivers will be lucky to produce 1500-1800 miles a week.

My joke was that the economy immediately prior to World War II was terrible, our country was in the throes of the Great Depression. We may revisit those hard times before it is over.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    If they wanted to tighten the parameters, they would had done so already. They had change it before but still allow some tolerance.

6. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    IF it does go into effect and now 100 percent of everybody is on ELD, do you really think these shippers and receivers are going to play these games? In the long run I don't think so. My .02

7. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    The shippers and receivers already play games. How many of you have sat for hours to get one pallet of product pulled off? How many times over the years have guys hauled ### all night to get something delivered on time AFTER being up all day being jerked around at a steel mill or warehouse getting loaded? Our time means nothing to them because they have no problem wasting it.

rda2580 Thanks this.
  8. No Clutch

No Clutch Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2016
    MERIDIAN, MS
    I would vote for you to be President good sir! #### forklift drivers and warehouse managers suck!

9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It'll never get so tight that when you release the brakes it goes to line 3. Unless they change the other provisions in the requlations about personal conveyance use and legally group logging multiple stops in one city, town or township as one continous stop.

10. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    Lol, yea no more having three log books.

11. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    There was never a need to run more than one book.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.